Cards trading for Zach Ertz

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Massive disappointment. He was such a great, ascending weapon in SD going from 500 to 600 to 670 to 760 yards his first three seasons and was just a complete and utter nothing for us.

Maybe that was a function of our QBs and coaching back then.
Actually, he was basically what he always had been with us. All 3 seasons with us he caught more passes for more yards than he did in his last season with the Chargers. But, back then, if we signed ANY free agent, they were way overhyped by the team. Those teams were built with draft picks, UDFA and Plummer with the one big contract the team was paying.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had hopes for Gowan too but after seeing how bad he was when the ball was in the air in the preseason I'm not surprised. Good athlete but he could not locate the ball in the air.

Yeah I’m a huge UCF fan and was iffy on the Gowan pick as he had only really played one season and sat out the COVID season with UCF.

Great kid but I keyed on him when I went to training camp and he looked really lost. His play during the preseason was uninspiring and my contact from the Cards said he just wasn’t picking up the defense. So to get something like Ertz for him is fantastic! And this is coming from a guy who was really pulling for Gowan. Still wish him success in Philli

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yeah I’m a huge UCF fan and was iffy on the Gowan pick as he had only really played one season and sat out the COVID season with UCF.

Great kid but I keyed on him when I went to training camp and he looked really lost. His play during the preseason was uninspiring and my contact from the Cards said he just wasn’t picking up the defense. So to get something like Ertz for him is fantastic! And this is coming from a guy who was really pulling for Gowan. Still wish him success in Philli
He has a chance though, that's why I wanted him to stick on the roster. I can see why Philly would want him.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The Rams are kinda the exception that proves the rule. You can’t rely heavily on trades due to $$$. No one trades a player on a rookie deal. So you’re trading for ezpensive guys or guys wanting new deals. If you don’t hit on draft picks (you know, the least expensive route to acquire talent) your team usually ends up with gaping holes.
Les Snead has filled that roster with decent talent. They've used trades to put them over the top.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Yeah trading firsts for Jalen Ramsey was such a terrible idea. The Jags really showed everyone!
Jags did just fine with that trade. Watching the rams line ramsey up against rookie wrs while Metcalf goes off for touchdowns is proof. Why pay a cb 15m a year to gaurd rookies. Make you realize how next level patrick peterson was in his prime. Ramsey not even in the same room.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Good news is that if he ever goes to the PS, Cardinals can re-sign him.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The Rams are kinda the exception that proves the rule. You can’t rely heavily on trades due to $$$. No one trades a player on a rookie deal. So you’re trading for ezpensive guys or guys wanting new deals. If you don’t hit on draft picks (you know, the least expensive route to acquire talent) your team usually ends up with gaping holes.
agreed,,, but I counter....

save picks 1-4...trade picks 5-7

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
agreed,,, but I counter....

save picks 1-4...trade picks 5-7
Obviously that’s optimizing the scenario. But ultimately you’re trading bc you’re failing in all rounds (including those 1-4). And it’s still not sustainable from a $$$ perspective.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
no more hurts to Ertz - now have squirts to ertz !

squirt is actually an excellent nick name for Murray! both size and ability - like catching a squirt of water!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Jags did just fine with that trade. Watching the rams line ramsey up against rookie wrs while Metcalf goes off for touchdowns is proof. Why pay a cb 15m a year to gaurd rookies. Make you realize how next level patrick peterson was in his prime. Ramsey not even in the same room.
I think you're missing my sarcasm.

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score
Obviously that’s optimizing the scenario. But ultimately you’re trading bc you’re failing in all rounds (including those 1-4). And it’s still not sustainable from a $$$ perspective.
I get what you're saying but our division rivals have given up a total of 6 first round picks as well as other compensation in their trades and yet we are leading the division.

The Seahawks, 49ers and Rams will still be paying for it going forward. By comparison what we've given away has been minor.

I guess you could say they've failed at the draft worse than we have. I think from a draft perspective we are in a way better position. You have to take that into perspective.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone see him on the sidelines today? Heard he made the trip to Cleveland
Yup, they showed him talking to coaches during the game. I assume to ask about certain plays since he said he wanted to be there to get a jump start on learning the plays.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard