Cards trading for Zach Ertz

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Love the move for what we gave up...which is not much at all. I thought Gowan had the chance to be a player, but if he couldn't get on the field with our CB room this year, I doubt he ever turns into a starter...so this is worth it.

Ertz gives us another option, and especially a redzone option. I wouldn't mind extending him a year. I think our window is this year and next. Im fine going all in these next two years because we are going to have to rebuild to a degree when our QB starts taking up 45% of the cap.

Just keep the 1st round picks and hope to god you get a starting quality player. Those 5 year cost controlled contracts HAVE to pan out if you want to be competitive year in year out.

I'll take this as a typo or you simply don't understand the cap or the actual yearly % that will be paid to KM.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He is making a very good point. We are going to have a real hard putting out a decent team next year due to the cap and lack of draft picks.
Its 5th and a practice squad CB, yes i know he was a draft pick, roster seems to have much greater issues then where these two pieces would make an impact.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He just played last night.. Is he playing Sunday?

Only asking cause of Fantasy Football reasons..

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Maxx is super slow. He got his YAC by being such a small focus of the offense. I expect Ertz to be similarly open.

Yep. Had Ertz been traded to us before the season, he'd be TE1 over Maxx.
I think you guys are underrating Maxx's acceleration. He showed really decent speed after the catch.

Im sold on Ertz cause he can get open. He shook free from Devin White the other day.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I so like the trade but I had hopes for Tay Gowan but have to give up something to get something.

I had hopes for Gowan too but after seeing how bad he was when the ball was in the air in the preseason I'm not surprised. Good athlete but he could not locate the ball in the air.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is a terrific move for the Cards. Fills a major need. Don't worry about next year with the cap going up significantly.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it will be interesting to see which is true:

1. Ertz is a declining player as demonstrated by his lack of production

or

2. Ertz was in the middle of a dysfunctional offense with questionable QB the last two year as demonstrated by his lack of production

I think it's both he's not as good as he used to be, and they had QB issues. Wentz was physically and mentally broken and Hurts is just not a very good passer at this stage of his career

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
1). Worry about that later
2). You can’t complain about SK’s drafting AND giving up picks
3). Salary Cap will go way up
4). How much difference is there usually between a fifth rounder and a UDFA?
Actually I can’t understand how you wouldn’t considering they’re inter-related.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And if he’s not due to reputation that’s opens the field for someone else.

Was going to say this Maxx got open because teams didn't fear him all that much. He did great for us this year sucks he got hurt but Ertz is a better receiver, runs better routes, better hands etc. Not the blocker Maxx was.

But if teams leave him open like they did Maxx, Ertz will be good. I'm betting they won't which will probably help Chase and even Rondale a bit underneath.

It helps Kyler, last year Dan Arnold and Kyler developed chemistry and then Dan was gone. He was bonding with Maxx and now Maxx is out, getting him a good hands guy who can get open will really help.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson