Cards Trade Request Will Be Met

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Dane Brugler's 7 round Mock Draft from the Athletic:

At #4 the Cardinals trade for the #11, #23, and a 2025 third rounder. Sounds terrible right?

Except

#5 the Cardinals trade #11 and #35 for #5 and take Marvin Harrison Jr.

#23: Cooper DeJean DB

#27 Chop Robinson DE

#66 Brandon Dorius DL

#71 Dominick Puni G

#90 Marshawn Lloyd RB (Passing on Brenden Rice I will be shocked if this pick isn't Rice if he is available)

#104 Sedrick Van Prangranger C

#138 Tommy Eichenberg LB

#162 Myles Harden DB

#186 Jhaquan Jackson WR

So some of this I love and some of it I am very meh. I want no part of a "hybrid" DB like DeJean. Just screams he ends up being an okay safety I could have gotten 3 rounds later. I way prefer Wiggins, Newton and McKinstry that were all available here. I mean you could have walked out with Newton and Robinson and the defense looks so different.

Then in round 3 you take Kamari Lassiter over Dorius and certainly Rice over a RB.

Other than that I like it.
If the trades actually work like that I like the trades. I don’t like the choices. Agree that take someone else over dejean. Also take someone else over chop. And think dorlus pick is too early. Get him later in third.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
If the trades actually work like that I like the trades. I don’t like the choices. Agree that take someone else over dejean. Also take someone else over chop. And think dorlus pick is too early. Get him later in third.
Agree on DeJean, but I would absolutely gamble on Chop who produced crazy pressure numbers last year.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Minny would be giving up two extra picks, one assuredly and one probably in the second half of the first round, for their QBOF. There is no guarantee of a return, any more than horse breeders paying millions for two-year-old XY, sired by XY.

You can bet that a GM with half a brain would protect his future with the owner's approval before making the move.

If making these calls and failing was career suicide, a certain GM in San Fran would be out of a job.

Owners have a habit of conveniently forgetting what they were on board with when it goes sideways. See David Tepper.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dane Brugler's 7 round Mock Draft from the Athletic:

At #4 the Cardinals trade for the #11, #23, and a 2025 third rounder. Sounds terrible right?

Except

#5 the Cardinals trade #11 and #35 for #5 and take Marvin Harrison Jr.

#23: Cooper DeJean DB

#27 Chop Robinson DE

#66 Brandon Dorius DL

#71 Dominick Puni G

#90 Marshawn Lloyd RB (Passing on Brenden Rice I will be shocked if this pick isn't Rice if he is available)

#104 Sedrick Van Prangranger C

#138 Tommy Eichenberg LB

#162 Myles Harden DB

#186 Jhaquan Jackson WR

So some of this I love and some of it I am very meh. I want no part of a "hybrid" DB like DeJean. Just screams he ends up being an okay safety I could have gotten 3 rounds later. I way prefer Wiggins, Newton and McKinstry that were all available here. I mean you could have walked out with Newton and Robinson and the defense looks so different.

Then in round 3 you take Kamari Lassiter over Dorius and certainly Rice over a RB.

Other than that I like it.

It's worth bearing in mind that is the Cards want MHJ they aren't trading back with anyone unless they also have a deal in place with the Chargers.

A trade like this only happens if that's already sealed and they know they have their guy.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm reminded of that online car commercial:

"The Giants are calling."

"Hold"

"The Chargers are calling."

"Hoooold."

"The Vikings are calling."

"HOOOOOLLLLLLDDDD!!!!!"

Then:

With the 4th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Arizona Cardinals select:

Marvin Harrison, Jr., wide receiver from The Ohio State University.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
It's worth bearing in mind that is the Cards want MHJ they aren't trading back with anyone unless they also have a deal in place with the Chargers.

A trade like this only happens if that's already sealed and they know they have their guy.
Depends on the price and the availability of Odunze, Nabers and Alt

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
The Giants want Drake Maye. And they’re the wildcard. If NY didn’t go QB, zero teams between 4and 11 are picking one.

I don’t see why teams would be throwing huge offers to the Cards at 4. It will cost more and the guy they want, McCarthy isn’t getting picked by any of those teams.

A team behind Minnesota would just have to trade in front of 11 to get him. No need to go all the way up to 4.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The Giants want Drake Maye. And they’re the wildcard. If NY didn’t go QB, zero teams between 4and 11 are picking one.

I don’t see why teams would be throwing huge offers to the Cards at 4. It will cost more and the guy they want, McCarthy isn’t getting picked by any of those teams.

A team behind Minnesota would just have to trade in front of 11 to get him. No need to go all the way up to 4.
the entire point on Minnesota is they have to trade for pick 4 to make sure we do not trade it to anyone else.
Not to mention, if we stick and pick, with the right offer the chargers could trade 5 to a team looking for a QB.... Teams work out every scenario in advance because there really isnt time once the clock has started.
The ONLY way to be certain to get your guy is to have the pick currently on the clock.
we sat and waited for Pat Mahomes....KC didnt

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

If NE takes MHJ there will be a huge demand for #4 as other teams will be convinced the Cardinals will be trading out.

Our best haul will be if Harrison is off the board when #4 is on the clock otherwise we take MHJ and never look back.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

I’m personally not a McCarthy fan but teams also have to look at next year. Do you want the Shedeur Sanders circus or a QB like Quinn Ewers who’s had the same mechanic issues since high school. The Penix/Nix’ of the draft will be around but we know the hit rate of QB’s outside the top-10.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score

Because there are 6 QBs in this year's draft that right now ranks higher than the #1 QB next year.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I get what people are saying but look at things. The Giants are just as likely to stick with Jones if they don’t get in on Maye.
I’ve heard Minnesota linked to McCarthy, Vegas to Penix, and Denver to Nix. Nobody else’s is really in the QB market. Those teams can sit in their spot and still get the guy they want. I even heard Denver trading back to get some picks and still be able to grab Nix.

I agree if someone takes Harrison top 3, all bets are off and the Cards will get plenty of action. But if I’m one of the other teams, why am I trading up when the guy I want will fall in my lap?

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I get what people are saying but look at things. The Giants are just as likely to stick with Jones if they don’t get in on Maye.
I’ve heard Minnesota linked to McCarthy, Vegas to Penix, and Denver to Nix. Nobody else’s is really in the QB market. Those teams can sit in their spot and still get the guy they want. I even heard Denver trading back to get some picks and still be able to grab Nix.

I agree if someone takes Harrison top 3, all bets are off and the Cards will get plenty of action. But if I’m one of the other teams, why am I trading up when the guy I want will fall in my lap?
You may be right but McCarthy is the key and how bad teams really want him. The only thing for sure is that you can't believe anything that you hear during "Draft" season.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Which is it, sir? Do they want him, or are they 50/50? #veryimportantquestion

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
give the Giants credit - they have put out contradictory stuff on QB: they want one, they dont want one, they might want one

Monti is the intended recipient of those rumors. The Giants know they represent the best option for the Cards in trading down

But the Giants want to minimize the cost to do that -- so its about making the Cards think they only want the deal at their price.

The Colts did the same thing last year, calling what they thought was Monti's bluff -- and then got lucky when the team that traded into the slot ahead of them took Will Anderson rather than Anthony Richardson

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I think there is a lesson in number 27 that was suppose to be top 10.
Texans went all in on the best offensive player and best defensive player in the draft, made the playoffs instead if predicted first over all pick.

I might consider trade down with our top 90 picks to get another blue chip beyond Harrison. But would fine with staying pat and cashing in last years chips on all 6 in int the top 90 in this draft.

Doubling down doesn’t always work out

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
I think there is a lesson in number 27 that was suppose to be top 10.
Texans went all in on the best offensive player and best defensive player in the draft, made the playoffs instead if predicted first over all pick.

I might consider trade down with our top 90 picks to get another blue chip beyond Harrison. But would fine with staying pat and cashing in last years chips on all 6 in int the top 90 in this draft.

Doubling down doesn’t always work out
There is certainly something to be said for targeting a blue chip player and going and getting him. The Texans seemed to do it pretty perfectly last year...getting the OROY and the DROY.

We currently have enough fire power with our top 7 picks, to trade up for 3 picks in the top 20 if we really wanted to. It gets into the whole "more swings of the bat" idea...and yes, we could still get good players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds...but if you hit on game changers like the Texans did...it really changes your outlook and can swing a team from "mediocre" to "contender" pretty quick.

Lets just say we ended up with Harrison, Dallas Turner, and Terrion Arnold. Do those guys, on rookie deals, make more of an impact than 7 guys in the top 104?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
The Texans seemed to do it pretty perfectly last year...getting the OROY and the DROY.

They did but they got VERY lucky with Stroud. Panthers took their QB and the Texans got what was left. That is not doing it perfectly...that is being lucky.

If Young went to the Texans, we would have another top 10 pick vs #27.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard