Cards Trade Request Will Be Met

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Heard this on Florio this morning and his theory actually makes a ton of sense, for once.

Basically, it's the NFL may force a 1st round pick swap between Vikings and Falcons, due to tamper with Cousins. If that happens, it makes a trade for Vikings into the top 4 more palatable for a team like AZ that doesn't want to miss out on a top 3 receiver. So Cards could end up with 8, 23 and 27 in 2024 and Vikings 2025 1st or 2nd.
Much better

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Heard this on Florio this morning and his theory actually makes a ton of sense, for once.

Basically, it's the NFL may force a 1st round pick swap between Vikings and Falcons, due to tamper with Cousins. If that happens, it makes a trade for Vikings into the top 4 more palatable for a team like AZ that doesn't want to miss out on a top 3 receiver. So Cards could end up with 8, 23 and 27 in 2024 and Vikings 2025 1st or 2nd.
For once I hope Florio is correct. I think Vikings traded their 2025 second, so #8, #23 and another 1st or 2 future day two picks works for me.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

The Cardinal way would have WR's go 5, 6, and 7 right in front of us.

That said, a good shot one is there. A slight chance two are there.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The Cardinal way would have WR's go 5, 6, and 7 right in front of us.

That said, a good shot one is there. A slight chance two are there.
Also look at it this way, if they wanted to jump up to 5 or 6, from 8, it would take far less to do so than from 11..maybe a 2, instead of #27.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yeah out of the playoff teams last year (at quick glance) you have the: Lions, Packers, Ravens, Bills, Chiefs, Browns, Dolphins & Steelers who used a 1st or 2nd round pick on a RB in recent (~4) years plus the Niners who, though not drafting, gave lots of draft capital for CMC.
The Lions Gibbs, Steelers Harris, and the Chiefs Edwards-Hellaire (who has been a bust).

So only two 1st round picks out of the group and one was a big old bust and was at the tail end of round one. Harris also is progressively losing snaps to Warren and I doubt the Steelers pick up his fifth year option.
Teams that haven't include: Cowboys, Bucs, Eagles, Rams, Texans & Dolphins.

So about 50/50. As with most things in the NFL, there's no one way to build a team (outside of good QB play of course).
Personally, I'm not opposed to using a 2nd or 3rd on a back, but not a first

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score
The Lions Gibbs, Steelers Harris, and the Chiefs Edwards-Hellaire (who has been a bust).

So only two 1st round picks out of the group and one was a big old bust and was at the tail end of round one. Harris also is progressively losing snaps to Warren and I doubt the Steelers pick up his fifth year option.

Personally, I'm not opposed to using a 2nd or 3rd on a back, but not a first
Im with you. I just feel a 2nd round pick counts as decent draft capital but that’s just a personal opinion.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah out of the playoff teams last year (at quick glance) you have the: Lions, Packers, Ravens, Bills, Chiefs, Browns, Dolphins & Steelers who used a 1st or 2nd round pick on a RB in recent (~4) years plus the Niners who, though not drafting, gave lots of draft capital for CMC.

Teams that haven't include: Cowboys, Bucs, Eagles, Rams, Texans & Dolphins.

So about 50/50. As with most things in the NFL, there's no one way to build a team (outside of good QB play of course).
It’s why I laugh at all these draft “rules” I keep seeing spat out here as immovable mantra.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Listening to the moving the chains draft on NFL Network. They stayed put at 4 and took Harrison.

So they Vikings traded with the Chargers and sent this for #5.

Jordan Addison WR
2025 1st
2025 4th

They took Odunze at 11

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It’s why I laugh at all these draft “rules” I keep seeing spat out here as immovable mantra.
There aren't any rules. You are looking at this way too simply.

There is an efficiency issue with drafting certain positions at certain spots in the draft and at certain times in a rebuild timeline.

If the Cardinals are a bear Super Bowl contender that has no holes at the most important positions, I have no problem taking a RB in rounds one.

Let's take Saquon Barkley for example good player, but does he have the impact of Josh Allen? The Giants could have taken Allen instead. In no universe is Barkley even as remotely as important to team success as Josh Allen.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Listening to the moving the chains draft on NFL Network. They stayed put at 4 and took Harrison.

Jordan Addison WR
2025 1st
2025 4th

They took Odunze at 11
100% certainty that Monti gets roasted here for not doing that deal

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That would be a great deal. But it's all speculative. I don't see Odunze lasting until 11. I don't even know if Nabers (or the 3rd WR whoever he is) lasts until 8 even if we don't take one because we traded back. (and in this scenario Odunze lasts until 11 even after we supposedly take the first one)

This seems like one of those mock draft simulators where you can easily get all the great talent. I don't see such a deal and subsequent outcome as possible.

Addison being involved in a trade would perk my ears about an offer. Now, if Atlanta has to swap with Minny and we can get #8 and Addison, along with everything else (maybe I'd drop the 4th in 2025), I'd make that move and risk it.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That would be a great deal. But it's all speculative. I don't see Odunze lasting until 11. I don't even know if Nabers (or the 3rd WR whoever he is) lasts until 8 even if we don't take one because we traded back. (and in this scenario Odunze lasts until 11 even after we supposedly take the first one)

This seems like one of those mock draft simulators where you can easily get all the great talent. I don't see such a deal and subsequent outcome as possible.

Addison being involved in a trade would perk my ears about an offer. Now, if Atlanta has to swap with Minny and we can get #8 and Addison, along with everything else (maybe I'd drop the 4th in 2025), I'd make that move and risk it.
I'd really only want Addison if the trade also included 4 premium picks.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd really only want Addison if the trade also included 4 premium picks.
I get that. I like Addison and he's on a rookie deal. There's a decent shot at 8 you do get one of the three. It's a risk, but if you get a good receiver who has already hit and can still get a blue-chip WR at 8, you've likely solved Murray's weapons issue.

Going from 11 to 8 and potentially deleting a 4th next year in the trade is fine in my book. As trading for 11 and needing to get back up to 8 or higher either might not happen or if it did it would cost a bunch more capital than simply a 4th next year.

In my mind, getting a good WR is something we need somehow. Getting two is a dream. This would be the best way for us to get two, and get two that are cost controlled for a while.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
100% certainty that Monti gets roasted here for not doing that deal
Because thats a great deal. Addison immediatley becomes our #2, and we can still get one of the top 3 WR's this year. If the pick ends up being at #8, we can probably stay put and grab one of them...but we have the ammo to trade up if needed.

Having 23, 27, and 35 gives us the ability to get 3 defensive starters.

The first next year puts us in position to trade up for a stud player we like, or trade for a veteran.

You never know who will be available for trade after another year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Jordan Addison WR
2025 1st
2025 4th

They took Odunze at 11
Id probably make that deal then trade back up to get one of the three.

Imagine a trio of Odunze, Addison, and McBride for Murray to throw to? That's a group that has a chance to be really good, and really cheap for years.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn