Cards signing Gladney

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Sure, let's sign an old vet that just missed the key games down the stretch after being out 2 years and is now another year older. That's a great idea lol
You left out the part about him not being a liability when he did play holding his own, if you are referring to Alford (too lazy to hunt and peck the guy this thread is referring to without a name in the response, I am not a morning person haha). Yes, all your points are valid but even a vet which can give you that has value. Finding a competent corner is hard to do in this league with all those rules favoring the offensive side of the ball. I am sure the Cardinals offered him some kind of minimal contract and sure he will be playing for someone

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You left out the part about him not being a liability when he did play holding his own, if you are referring to Alford (too lazy to hunt and peck the guy this thread is referring to without a name in the response, I am not a morning person haha). Yes, all your points are valid but even a vet which can give you that has value. Finding a competent corner is hard to do in this league with all those rules favoring the offensive side of the ball. I am sure the Cardinals offered him some kind of minimal contract and sure he will be playing for someone
Yes, Alford. Being injured when he was injured contributed greatly to our collapse. Pass.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our corners were torched with regularity last year, and it seems we've brought in another version of Marco Wilson. (Who also hasn't played in over a year). Problem solved!
Our pas rush is so feeble it’s impossible to evaluate our CB’s. Add to the fact that Joseph has them playing 12 yards off the LOS plays into that also. That tells you right there he doesn’t believe we’ll get pressure on the QB.
The only way we get pressure is when we blitz. When you blitz and fail to get to the QB tge d-backs are vulnerable.

Good defenses get pressure with four. I can’t even tell you who the cb’s are for the Rams and 49ers.

Please don’t draft a CB. Our only hope is we can hit on a guy like T J Watts with our first pick…and that’s if we actually play him.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Yes, Alford. Being injured when he was injured contributed greatly to our collapse. Pass.
Then by the same token you are stating he greatly contributed to a lot of wins on the schedule... I'm willing to accept we need depth if he can get us to that sweet spot again with a proper contingency plan lol

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Our pas rush is so feeble it’s impossible to evaluate our CB’s. Add to the fact that Joseph has them playing 12 yards off the LOS plays into that also. That tells you right there he doesn’t believe we’ll get pressure on the QB.
The only way we get pressure is when we blitz. When you blitz and fail to get to the QB tge d-backs are vulnerable.

Good defenses get pressure with four. I can’t even tell you who the cb’s are for the Rams and 49ers.

Please don’t draft a CB. Our only hope is we can hit on a guy like T J Watts with our first pick…and that’s if we actually play him.

No coach asks CBs to play 12 yards off.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The best thing about Gladney is he loves to hit. He'd a good tackler, good at getting off blocks and for a smaller guy really hits hard.

If he can brush up his coverage he has the making of a very good slot.

I think this move was made with the idea of moving Byron outside full time.

I would still like to add someone like Bryce Callahan though for depth, or as an alternative if Gladney is rusty in camp. Callahan can play both inside and outside.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
The best thing about Gladney is he loves to hit. He's a good tackler, good at getting off blocks and for a smaller guy really hits hard.

If he can brush up his coverage he has the making of a very good slot.

I think this move was made with the idea of moving Byron outside full time.

I would still like to add someone like Bryce Callahan though for depth, or as an alternative if Gladney is rusty in camp. Callahan can play both inside and outside.
Sounds like the opposite of Patrick Peterson. Maybe he even contributes on special teams coverage units depending on playing time on defense.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Sounds like the opposite of Patrick Peterson. Maybe he even contributes on special teams coverage units depending on playing time on defense.
Speaking of Peterson, isn't he a free agent (no I don't want him back)? Has there been a peep about teams expressing interest in him?

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Aaron Wilson

@AaronWilson_NFL
· 8m
Jeff Gladney (Cardinals) two for $6.5M, $4M gtd, $2M signing bonus, salaries $1.5M (gtd), $2.5M ($500K gtd); $500K 2023 roster bonus

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I heard something about PP drawing interest with the Eagles. Or maybe it was Reddick reaching out to him to come.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave