Cards sign Darrel Williams

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I feel like you intentionally disengage your brain sometimes for the sake manufacturing an argument.

I don't think that really needs explaining to someone of your experience. Sometimes you just like to act dumb to try make a point.

One of the statements is against the rules, and the other is skirting the line. Our rules are simple, debate the topic, NOT the poster.

He called me out by name!

How is this ok but my reply not?

"it's hilarious that Brit and others are praising this signing when it may block both Eno Benjamin and Ingram from getting more snaps. If it's good for Zaven Collins, why isn't it good for Benjamin/Ingram?"

Should I have said the sentence was dumb instead of K9 was "acting dumb"? Is that where I went wrong?

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Linda makes an amazing sauce. One that has about 6 or 7 different types of meat in it. Perfect for the carnivore in me.

The problem isn't the sauce, it's the pasta.
I mean, that’s kind of like saying “I don’t like coffee, it’s terrible. The problem isn’t the coffee itself, it’s the water.”

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean, that’s kind of like saying “I don’t like coffee, it’s terrible. The problem isn’t the coffee itself, it’s the water.”
Again, that's why I said it is overrated.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Again, that's why I said it is overrated.
I don’t know what kind of “A Clockwork Orange” experiment you think people are running by serving just a plate of pasta with no sauce, but that is a world I cannot comprehend. That’s probably how Dahmer started out.

Agree that plain pasta with no sauce is very bland though.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don’t know what kind of “A Clockwork Orange” experiment you think people are running by serving just a plate of pasta with no sauce, but that is a world I cannot comprehend. That’s probably how Dahmer started out.

I don't know. Cacio e pepe is a pretty good dish, and that's just spaghetti, butter, pepper and parm.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Good quality pasta sauteed in butter; salt, pepper and garlic toast is delicious.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What I am saying is that it is the pasta part of the dish that makes spaghetti overrated. I love the sauce and meat part. It is typically why I would go for a chicken parm entree/sandwich before spaghetti.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like spaghetti with just butter and parmesan, garlic bread. My wife makes a pretty decent sauce with Italian sausage. You gotta know how to get the pasta cooked and salted just right.. al dente, there's an art to that also.

If you're hangry and you got nuttin' to eat, cook the pasta and throw a raw egg in it while it's still hot and it'll cook it.

btw, I'm a twirler with fork and spoon

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I like spaghetti with just butter and parmesan, garlic bread. My wife makes a pretty decent sauce with Italian sausage. You gotta know how to get the pasta cooked and salted just right.. al dente, there's an art to that also.

If you're hangry and you got nuttin' to eat, cook the pasta and throw a raw egg in it while it's still hot and it'll cook it.

btw, I'm a twirler with fork and spoon
Fork and spoon, me too! Everyone looks at me like I’m crazy. Meanwhile, they’re wiping sauce off their chins.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What I am saying is that it is the pasta part of the dish that makes spaghetti overrated. I love the sauce and meat part. It is typically why I would go for a chicken parm entree/sandwich before spaghetti.
I make a pretty good meat sauce (I am sure not as good as your wife's, mine is stolen from my mom anyways) and I recently started pouring it over grilled chicken with a slice of provalone between the check and sauce, then parmesan / cheese on top to taste. My lord is it a revelation and it is really good reheated for lunch.

As much as I love pasta from time to time, you really are right about it being overrated. When you replace it with something that contains actual nutrients it's a huge bump in flavor and overall satisfaction.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I make a pretty good meat sauce (I am sure not as good as your wife's, mine is stolen from my mom anyways) and I recently started pouring it over grilled chicken with a slice of provalone between the check and sauce, then parmesan / cheese on top to taste. My lord is it a revelation and it is really good reheated for lunch.

As much as I love pasta from time to time, you really are right about it being overrated. When you replace it with something that contains actual nutrients it's a huge bump in flavor and overall satisfaction.
My wife and I used to make that and call it "Pizza chicken".

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Me having Celiac Disease, I‘m forced to eat gluten-free alternatives (mostly brown rice pasta). Needless to say, my bar is set pretty low.

Anyway, back to the original topic: has Williams actually signed, or is this still a rumor?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me having Celiac Disease, I‘m forced to eat gluten-free alternatives (mostly brown rice pasta). Needless to say, my bar is set pretty low.

Anyway, back to the original topic: has Williams actually signed, or is this still a rumor?
Right back off topic: i am a celiac also and we think the Barilla gluten free pasta is almost indistinguishable from the regular. But overall, there are a lot of bad gluten free pastas out there. Just recently found incredible gluten free bread if you want that tip PM me.

Back on topic: Yes.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right back off topic: i am a celiac also and we think the Barilla gluten free pasta is almost indistinguishable from the regular. But overall, there are a lot of bad gluten free pastas out there. Just recently found incredible gluten free bread if you want that tip PM me.

Back on topic: Yes.
Wish you could like a post more than once.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can understand u don't like spaghetti
When i ate spaghetti outside Italy were terrible
Im not really patriotic but nothing is comparable with what we eat here
I will definitely give it another shake if/when I make it out to Italy.

Ironically, the same day I started this massive derailment of spaghetti talk, the wife made spaghetti.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will definitely give it another shake if/when I make it out to Italy.

Ironically, the same day I started this massive derailment of spaghetti talk, the wife made spaghetti.
Ahah its possible that your wife has read your post
I never been in usa btw so i don't know the art of spaghetti there
I have been abroad but rarely i came out impressed even France isn't the same level imo
Maybe its just about me being spoiled and overestimating Italian food cause i could not try to be more open about foreign cousins
But lasagne, melanzana allla parmigiana, linguine allo scoglio, risotto , pizza, gnocchi all these dishes when i went abroad were not the same
HoweverEngland is the worst place to find good food, fortunately they have enjoyable weather

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Good quality pasta sauteed in butter; salt, pepper and garlic toast is delicious.
I agree. I‘m 100% Italian & my sauce is an all day affair. My Mom’s sauce recipe is almost 10 pages long & she was the best cook ever when it came to Italian meals. Of course, that recipe involved meatballs, Italian sausage, and pork ribs. If I don’t have the proper time to prepare sauce, then I do your recipe above. But, you did miss out on adding garlic. Nothing is Italian without garlic;)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. I‘m 100% Italian & my sauce is an all day affair. My Mom’s sauce recipe is almost 10 pages long & she was the best cook ever when it came to Italian meals. Of course, that recipe involved meatballs, Italian sausage, and pork ribs. If I don’t have the proper time to prepare sauce, then I do your recipe above. But, you did miss out on adding garlic. Nothing is Italian without garlic;)
Wife's recipe has meatballs, hot and Italian sausages, ground beef, pork ribs, beef short ribs, chicken thighs... I'm probably missing some too.

I get this recipe maybe once a year since it is an all day thing and is expensive. The quick and easy sauce is a jar of Rao's these days.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose