Cards say offers for trade down are picking up

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Here is a trade scenario where the Cardinals work out a three team trade.

Minnesota trades the Cardinals 11, 27, and a 2025 1st. The Cardinals trade 11 and 27 for 5 and 69.

The Cardinals still get Harrison but also get an additional 1st and 3rd, and improve 27 to 23.

The Cardinals then trade up to get Latu.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
That would be amazing. You do that for pretty much anyone who’s not a franchise QB especially a WR
Unless we for sure have a deal to move back up to land who we want with #11 and #23, trading with MIN in a deal that includes #23 does very little for me given we have #27 and #35 and are likely to get guys in the same general grade/range with those picks. I don't advocate trading that far down, but I'd prefer #11 plus their next two 1st rounders instead of #11, #23, and next year's #1 unless all of the dominoes are firmly in place to get us back up to a spot to grab the WR the team likes best (or second best if it's pretty much the same grade).

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Unless we for sure have a deal to move back up to land who we want with #11 and #23, trading with MIN in a deal that includes #23 does very little for me given we have #27 and #35 and are likely to get guys in the same general grade/range with those picks. I don't advocate trading that far down, but I'd prefer #11 plus their next two 1st rounders instead of #11, #23, and next year's #1 unless all of the dominoes are firmly in place to get us back up to a spot to grab the WR the team likes best (or second best if it's pretty much the same grade).
I'd argue that the #23 overall in this draft is worth as much if not more than a first rounder two years from now.

Pushing first rounders into the future is the ultimate magic beans strategy.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Id trade #4 for 3 1sts all day long. We should be able to trade up and grab Odunze or Nabers, and even if we dont, we would be able to beef up the lines to a point where we are a much improved team.

I think the top 3 WRs are really good, and I would prefer to get one....but if it doesnt work out...Im ok taking 2 guys in the first 3 rounds and hoping that one of them becomes a #1 WR. I will take massive upgrades to the O and D Line...plus 2 guys out of Coleman, Franklin, Legette, Pearsall, and Walker.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I'd argue that the #23 overall in this draft is worth as much if not more than a first rounder two years from now.

Pushing first rounders into the future is the ultimate magic beans strategy.

That’s cause we have PTSD from the Texans success. Imagine if Stroud/Richardson went 1-2 and Carolina traded up with us for Young…

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn