Cards say offers for trade down are picking up

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
1st round picks that don't contribute in the first season almost never contribute in any significant way.

I can think of very few exceptions, and if they are an exception it's usually because they had mental or off the field issues holding them back. Most of the time players don't change those.

Names, names and names?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
2 (#11, #23) - 1 (#4) = 1

Ergo - two first-rounders are one extra in 2024 and another in 2025.
That’s not how it’s discussed. In the equation you provided that’s considered 2 first round picks for one. It nets you one additional pick, but it doesn’t change the fact that it’s considered (and actually is) two firsts for one. What you say in the second paragraph is three firsts for one.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That’s not how it’s discussed. In the equation you provided that’s considered 2 first round picks for one. It nets you one additional pick, but it doesn’t change the fact that it’s considered (and actually is) two firsts for one. What you say in the second paragraph is three firsts for one.

Considered by who? Not by Monti, I would think.

The ONLY thing that matters is the NET return to the Cards, and it's TWO first rounders over two drafts in return for dropping out of the top 10.

And given that it's likely that the 2025 pick will be the range of this draft's #23, it means two extra picks beyond the half way point in the first round for turning one's back on possibly a #1 WR for the next decade ala Fitz.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DJ Humphries and Hassan Reddick were named from our team alone. Did you not see them?
Garrison Hearst was incredibly underwhelming his first 7 games of his rookie season before tearing his ACL. Came back a couple seasons later and even with the ACL injury, he looked like a different player than the struggling rookie.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Garrison Hearst was incredibly underwhelming his first 7 games of his rookie season before tearing his ACL. Came back a couple seasons later and even with the ACL injury, he looked like a different player than the struggling rookie.
Kyle Vandenbosch would fall into this category as well

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
Considered by who? Not by Monti, I would think.

The ONLY thing that matters is the NET return to the Cards, and it's TWO first rounders over two drafts in return for dropping out of the top 10.

And given that it's likely that the 2025 pick will be the range of this draft's #23, it means two extra picks beyond the half way point in the first round for turning one's back on possibly a #1 WR for the next decade ala Fitz.
Just got done watching mock draft live zerlein has us trading with the vikes and getting Dallas turner at 11 and trading up from 23 for Bryan thomas. I turned the tv off before seeing pick 27 not because I was mad tho lol. I would take them 2 tho with 2 high picks still coming. As I was watching tonight another mock scrolled under the screen also taking Dallas turner this time at 4

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers didn't play for 3 years.

Jordan Love as well.

Agreed. You know the draft can’t come soon enough when folks are discussing the proper verbiage for trading picks lol .

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Just saying that Cortland Sutton does nothing for the Cardinals. Is he an upgrade over the group we have, yes. Is he "good", not really. If you trade with Denver, you better bring back Surtain.
Courtland Sutton is Michael Wilson's ceiling. He wouldn't be a dynamic playmaker here, but he'd definitely raise the floor. He's not a Malik Nabers substitute, though. You'd still be looking to add a high-ceiling player somewhere.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Courtland Sutton is Michael Wilson's ceiling. He wouldn't be a dynamic playmaker here, but he'd definitely raise the floor. He's not a Malik Nabers substitute, though. You'd still be looking to add a high-ceiling player somewhere.
I'd be really happy with Michael Wilson being Sutton's ceiling.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Not interested in paying 17 mil per year for Sutton's age 29 and 30 seasons. Guy hasn't had over 829 yards receiving since 2019.

Wilson's 43.5 yards per game last year was actually only .5 yards less than Sutton's 44 yards per game his rookie season. Personally, I feel Wilson's ceiling is more Allen Robinson or Adam Thielen

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not interested in paying 17 mil per year for Sutton's age 29 and 30 seasons. Guy hasn't had over 829 yards receiving since 2019.

Wilson's 43.5 yards per game last year was actually only .5 yards less than Sutton's 44 yards per game his rookie season. Personally, I feel Wilson's ceiling is more Allen Robinson or Adam Thielen
Yuuuup

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn