Cards RELEASE Eno Benjamin

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
He played here locally for years before joining the Cardinals and was a fan favorite in that people were pulling for him to get playing time and excel at what he does. It is not surprising that there are so many pages discussing why he may have suddenly been released with no clear explanation.
This... and, as I mentioned previously, I have insight from someone who is very tightly connected to the team, who has said, almost since the day Eno was drafted, how well-liked his is from Mike B down to the players. And that his determination to stick with it and grind thru the practice squad to become the #2 back, gained him great respect throughout the team. He has always been a high-character guy and someone who has maintained a focus on his post-career life, often speaking intelligently, about what he might pursue after his playing days are over.

Nobody on this board has the ability to speak directly with players or coaches...so of course, nobody has the ability to know how they all viewed Eno. And, as a practice squad guy who never saw any real playing time until this year, Eno remained far out of the spotlight, away from any media attention and out of any conversation. Rightly so... There was a reason why Keim and Kliff were speaking so highly of Eno from the earliest days of camp this year, often referring to him as the player making the biggest jump this season. Yes, that was due in part because of Eno's commitment to getting better and the way he took care of himself in the offseason. But it also had a ton to do with who he is as a person. Keim and Kliff loved his character and his attitude and because of that, they were more than willing to pump up Eno and give him the shot at being the #2 back, even though a strong case could've been made for Williams, or Ward, or even Ingram.

Anyway... I'm done with this topic. Best of luck to Eno in Houston, while we're left with a team led by dudes plucked off The Island of Misfits...

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He played here locally for years before joining the Cardinals and was a fan favorite in that people were pulling for him to get playing time and excel at what he does. It is not surprising that there are so many pages discussing why he may have suddenly been released with no clear explanation.
Teams tend to not give explanations.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Listening to Burns and Gambo, it sounds like Eno murdered someone at the last practice and they will be showing it on Hard Knocks. They are making it sound like something super super bad that will vindicate the the Cardinals decision making.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You'd criticize them if a player chewed them out like Eno likely did and they didn't cut the player.
Not necessarily since I accept how emotional these guys get during games. I don’t worry about that kind of stuff

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How is Dave Burns even still on the air?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He can't pass protect. He has a drop issue and he doesn't play teams. There are all things 2nd string backs need to do. Especially ones that are modeled as 3rd down backs.

I would not be surprised to see Eno out of the league within 2 years.
He was not dropped for performance-related issues. No need to retroactively attempt to diminish his abilities.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was not dropped for performance-related issues. No need to retroactively attempt to diminish his abilities.

But he was.

These decisions are always what they did seem through the lens of their talent.

Alvin Kamara is going to get away with things that Eno won't and that's what happened.

If Eno was good he gets away with bawling out an assistant. Kareem Hunt got into it with Stump Mitchell just a few weeks ago.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
But he was.

These decisions are always what they did seem through the lens of their talent.

Alvin Kamara is going to get away with things that Eno won't and that's what happened.

If Eno was good he gets away with bawling out an assistant. Kareem Hunt got into it with Stump Mitchell just a few weeks ago.
I agree with the premise that he is replaceable, but it seems you are also judging by the extremes of the spectrum, either the guy sucks or is great (your use of good seems to also qualify as great with your examples). Eno is average and being average is why the decision was made, not because he did not offer any value as a starter which is something the Cards I doubt where then happy doing. I apologize if that is not your point, but your phrasing seems to be skewed towards that observation

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with the premise that he is replaceable, but it seems you are also judging by the extremes of the spectrum, either the guy sucks or is great (your use of good seems to also qualify as great with your examples). Eno is average and being average is why the decision was made, not because he did not offer any value as a starter which is something the Cards I doubt where then happy doing. I apologize if that is not your point, but your phrasing seems to be skewed towards that observation
Honestly, it seems like Eno pissed in his Cheerios or something and he has a vendetta against the guy. Can't say anything nice about him. Just odd.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly, it seems like Eno pissed in his Cheerios or something and he has a vendetta against the guy. Can't say anything nice about him. Just odd.

I'm about as bothered about Eno as I am about Michael Dogbe or Deionte Thompson.

He seems like a nice guy, I wish him well but he's played 410 snaps in 2.5 years and is completely replaceable.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Keim is on the phone calling Melvin Gordon, he just got released by the Broncos. Gordon will make us say Eno who? By the way just ignore Gordon's fumbling problems.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Holy crap, this thread is still going??
they were talking about again on 98.7 again this morning:

monday night football against a division opponent, a sunday full of football -- and the morning show wants to talk about a backup rb being released

good grief

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA