Cards hire Whisenhunt - Now It's Official

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Jay Glazer Reports Cards Hire Whisenhunt

Ken Wisenhunt has agreed to become the Cardinals head coach...

He just said it live on the Fox pregame report...

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If true, I'll breath a sigh of relief. Not my first choice, but WAY better than Sherman or Gailey.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fine with me but I didn't expect it. Grimm next Steelers HC?

Will we now be roasted for moving too fast?

Wonder if CP will be kept? I bet yes.

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
Wisenhunt HC?

Fox TV reported Wisenhunt has accepted the Cardinals HC position. News conference later today.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Wisenhunt to take over for Green

Wisenhunt to take over for Green
Story Tools:
Print Email Blog This Subscribe
Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com
Posted: 4 minutes ago

The Arizona Cardinals have their replacement for the fired Denny Green.

The Cardinals have tabbed Ken Wisenhunt as their new head coach, FOX NFL SUNDAY and FOXSports.com has learned. The former Steelers offensive coordinator has spent the last two days trying to nail down a deal and after working all night they finally got a deal done.

Wisenhunt was already on the phone Sunday morning with a handful of assistant coaching options, although he's likely to keep much if not all of the Cardinals defensive staff.

Wisenhunt also interviewed for the Dolphins and Steelers openings but it soon became clear that the Steelers were not jumping at a replacement for Bill Cowher.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6369102

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was hoping for a Chow type candidate that is known as a Offensive mastermind. Whisenhunt may be just that and he comes from a winning organization.

Many of us were not thrilled with his first choice being the Steeler's but honestly wouldn't most sane candidates pick them over us if given a choice.
Plus he was a Steele (OC) so if he said he didn't want to stay with them I would have issues with his loyalty.

It will be interesting to see if CP is retained as well as the other AC's.

I am cautiously optimistic, 30+ years as a Cards fan will do that to ya.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Second worst possible scenerio.

Offensive coordinator from a defense winning team. Nice.

True, but the Steelers have been one of the most innovative offenses for a few years...Great play calling and they know how to use thier weapons effectively. Look for Boldin to really dominate under the Whiz.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
whizzinator doesnt have a staff. So he will keep our great assistants. THis is not an improvement. THis is a 3 year step back. By then most of our good players contracts will be expiring and we will have no coach, no skill players and Leinart.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I like it. Probably was the most solid choice.I would've rather had Grimm but at least it wasn't Chow.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
whizzinator doesnt have a staff. So he will keep our great assistants. THis is not an improvement. THis is a 3 year step back. By then most of our good players contracts will be expiring and we will have no coach, no skill players and Leinart.

Who said he doesn't have a staff? The Fox article says he has already been calling some assistants...and that he may keep some or all of the Defensive assistants with the team...does not say he has to keep anyone...I think he'll bring in an entirely new offensive staff.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson