Cards Add 8 to Practice Squad

moosehead

All Star
Reaction score
http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and...ad-Picks/02944b12-7170-47cc-882f-edfaf2c0bbea

No Cap Capi....

The Cardinals still have their entire rookie class in the building.

Fourth-round pick Dorian Johnson was the lone draftee cut on the initial paring to a 53-man roster, but the Cardinals brought the guard back Sunday as part of their practice squad. Johnson was one of eight players re-signed to the practice squad that was cut Saturday.

The team also brought back two non-rookies in safety Harlan Miller and linebacker Scooby Wright. The Cards still have two practice squad slots left.

The eight players on the practice squad include:

WR Carlton Agudosi

G Dorian Johnson

CB Ryan Lewis

S Harlan Miller

TE Ricky Seals-Jones

RB James Summers

DT Pasoni Tasini

LB Scooby Wright

The Cardinals resume practice Monday as they prepare for the regular-season opener Sept. 10 in Detroit.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
The question is: what player will be added when T.J. Logan is placed on the IR?

Cap Capi?

Cole Toner?

Ironhead Gallon?

Jeremy Ross?

* With Dorian Johnson signed to the PS, all of the 2017 draft picks are on board.
* As for the 2016 draft, R. Nkemdiche, B. Williams, E. Boehm, H. Miller remain, sans both 5th round picks, M. Christian and C. Toner.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The question is: what player will be added when T.J. Logan is placed on the IR?

Cap Capi?

Cole Toner?

Ironhead Gallon?

Jeremy Ross?

* With Dorian Johnson signed to the PS, all of the 2017 draft picks are on board.
* As for the 2016 draft, R. Nkemdiche, B. Williams, E. Boehm, H. Miller remain, sans both 5th round picks, M. Christian and C. Toner.
Alex Bazzie?

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised that Cap and Toner didn't make the PS. Cap was making plays in PS and Toner was getting a ton of looks all along the Oline. Maybe BASK liked Toners smarts and hoped they could find a spot where he was at least serviceable and that simply didn't happen.

Glad to see Summers, Wright, Miller and Tasini make the PS.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised that Cap and Toner didn't make the PS. Cap was making plays in PS and Toner was getting a ton of looks all along the Oline. Maybe BASK liked Toners smarts and hoped they could find a spot where he was at least serviceable and that simply didn't happen.

Glad to see Summers, Wright, Miller and Tasini make the PS.

It's the player's call.

They may have been approached and would prefer to join another squad.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How did Ryan Lewis look throughout camp? I didn't hear his name get called at all(whether you find that good or bad is up to you)

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
How did Ryan Lewis look throughout camp? I didn't hear his name get called at all(whether you find that good or bad is up to you)

Ryan Lewis displayed the best cover skills of the UDFA CBs. He played pretty well versus the Broncos. I thought they might sign Gump Hayes to the PS too. Hayes is a very good tackler who might be better suited to play safety.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
We have signed 8, which would leave 2 spots open I believe. Based on the list, we could use a QB and OT. I am still hopeful we get QB Brandon Allen from the Jags.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have signed 8, which would leave 2 spots open I believe. Based on the list, we could use a QB and OT. I am still hopeful we get QB Brandon Allen from the Jags.

I seriously doubt a QB is added to the PS since we have 3 on the 53 man roster. Simply are no reps available for a 4th QB.

I like the idea of an OT and would want another of those quality WR's BA bragged about added.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Toner wasn't good enough at any one position. That was his problem.

I'm already tired of the Capi talk. He's like the guy who shines at OSU spring game but never sees the field when the action is real. If he was good enough he'd be on the 53.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I liked Cap Capi but he isn't really all that. Just "another guy" I guess. I can't fault the Cards either way on him.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Capi hasn't been signed to anyone else's PS yet either. It's possible he joins our 53 after TJ Logan is put on IR tomorrow or he could join our PS again if he doesn't get interest from other teams (& he wants to be here).

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Capi hasn't been signed to anyone else's PS yet either. It's possible he joins our 53 after TJ Logan is put on IR tomorrow or he could join our PS again if he doesn't get interest from other teams (& he wants to be here).

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

CAPI = NY GIANTS PS.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Guess the cards didn't like him at all. Crazy how well he played and couldn't even make the cards practice squad.
It could have been his choice to join someone else's practice squad instead of ours.. there isn't a set salary for practice squad either, so they might have offered him more money.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
It could have been his choice to join someone else's practice squad instead of ours.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

There's also a good possibility that the Cards put Cap on the 53 when they cut Wile for Lee and IR Logan. Guess we'll see!

Anyone know what vet OLBs are available out there?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard