Cards 2022 Training Camp July 26th

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I guess. I mean, running backs are the most fungible asset in the NFL, and every franchise in the NFL thinks they have a gem at the position on the practice squad.
True. It is just a nice spot to save some cap space and have a player under contract year after year.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Yay! Our corner situation, which was already a dire need is looking even worse - this coming from state TV!!!

KINGSBURY MAKES NO PROMISES ON WILSON AS STARTER​

As cornerback remains an area of concern, so does the question if Marco Wilson will be the starter alongside Byron Murphy Jr.
Wilson started as a rookie last season and played well before tailing off later in the year. Defensive coordinator Vance Joseph downplayed the idea Wilson needed a big camp to lock up the role, Kingsbury was less definitive.
"I think that's a position where guys have to step up," Kingsbury said. "Murphy's come a long way. Marco, we want him to step up and be an every-down starter, but we'll see. I think the jury is still out on that. For the rest of those young guys, someone has to step up and help us out."

The moves to shore up the position were hopeful at best, and now Wilson is struggling?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Maybe. Wilson looked like he was holding his own to start the year, and then was routinely targeted and abused by opposing defensive coordinators as the year went on.

The fact that Kliff had such strong words isn't encouraging.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cards working out Willie Snead with Tweezie hurt.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe. Wilson looked like he was holding his own to start the year, and then was routinely targeted and abused by opposing defensive coordinators as the year went on.

The fact that Kliff had such strong words isn't encouraging.
When our pass-rush started to fade.

But hey, it’s a great thing we’re loaded there, right?

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What do you want them to do? Nobody is trading for #16 pre draft. This is just how the draft works.

Zaven Collins is going to be fine. Lot's of players aren't instant studs.
Maybe not so obvious about who they like in the draft Would help? I don't know. Just feel how the draft goes rarely play into our favor since Keim took over the GM role, compared to Steelers or Ravens who seem always got their "guys" fall right to them.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
But you just said yourself everyone great was gone. Who would you have taken at #16 because I'm looking at that draft and I'd still probably take Zaven.
I would take Jealan Phillips instead from talent and position value perspective. Christian Darrisaw or Ryan Newsome could be other two choices if we aim for needs. Anyways, what's done is done. Maybe I am overreacting, just have this gut feeling that great players rarely fall on the board when Cardinals stay put, but they do whemever Cardinals trade out the pick.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Great! So our aging TE we're really counting on (I do like Ertz, btw) and the 2nd round rookie are hurt, our top WR is out suspended 6 games, and the WR we traded a 1st-round pick for just got arrested. Um, okaaay.
You do this every camp.

Every team in the league has guys nursing injuries in camp.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great! So our aging TE we're really counting on (I do like Ertz, btw) and the 2nd round rookie are hurt, our top WR is out suspended 6 games, and the WR we traded a 1st-round pick for just got arrested. Um, okaaay.
You realise they are just a little banged up and will be back in days right? Like approximately 100+ players around the league right now.

Find me a team that doesn't have some banged up players after week 1 of camp.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You do this every camp.

Every team in the league has guys nursing injuries in camp.

A lot of the time it is minor injuries, sure.

You realise they are just a little banged up and will be back in days right? Like approximately 100+ players around the league right now.

Find me a team that doesn't have some banged up players after week 1 of camp.
I do realize that, yes. Problem is, there have been no positives yet, and a ton of negatives, this camp, so it feels like everything is ***********.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose