Cardinals vs. D-backs series thread

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My heart still hasn't gone back to normal since that Pena/Pujols matchup.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh thank God.. I thought I had been pulled into a time warp there for a second.. I didnt realize I was watching the replay of the game earlier today.. And when you all were saying we won and I started checking box scores, I started getting a little worried that something wacky was going on lol..

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Melvin just cost the Diamondbacks a run by having Clark pinch run. Salazar would of scored if he was pinch running. Melvin has to be the dumbest manager.:bang:
Melvin did it to save a player, in case the game would have gone into extra innings -- Tony Clark pinch-running, then playing 1B while Dunn moved to RF.

Normally, using one player instead of two would be a good move. Although, I bet it's the only time in his life that Tony Clark was a pinch-runner.

But with the players Melvin had available, he certainly should have used a pinch-runner. Romero would have been a much better choice, leaving Dunn at 1B (where I think he is a better fielder than in RF).

Clark could have always hit for Romero later, if needed, with Dunn then moving to RF.

I really would like to see Dunn play nothing but 1B for the rest of his time here. Chad Tracy is no better fielder at 1B and is one of our inconsistent hitters. If he's going to play RF, then use Tony Clark at 1B for the rest of the season and consider moving Mark Reynolds to third in the order, ahead of Dunn.

Last edited:

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Melvin did it to save a player, in case the game would have gone into extra innings -- Tony Clark pinch-running, then playing 1B while Dunn moved to RF.

Normally, using one player instead of two would be a good move. Although, I bet it's the only time in his life that Tony Clark was a pinch-runner.

But with the players Melvin had available, he certainly should have used a pinch-runner. Romero would have been a much better choice, leaving Dunn at 1B (where I think he is a better fielder than in RF).

Clark could have always hit for Romero later, if needed, with Dunn then moving to RF.

I really would like to see Dunn play nothing but 1B for the rest of his time here. Chad Tracy is no better fielder at 1B and is one of our inconsistent hitters. If he's going to play RF, then use Tony Clark at 1B for the rest of the season and consider moving Mark Reynolds to third in the order, ahead of Dunn.
Romero was not with the team today. He will be called up after the end of Tucson's season. The press release given above said it, MLB.com Gamecast said it, and the post-game show also said it.

DiamondBacks5117

Registered
Reaction score
peguero was the man! my man petits on the hill tonight! webb haren and rj arnt getting it done so lets see what petit and davis can do!

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just great another horrible pitching effort now 5-0 cards top 4th I don't like our chances to pull a win off like yesterday two games in a row :( ugh

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not only is Petit getting lit up, the Dodgers are up 2-0 already.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
come on dunn please get conor in we need a run to get things going

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
well there goes a good chance to get a run :( darnit this team is so annoying to watch

PHX 32

Hard times on Planet Orange
Reaction score
Just hand-deliver the division to the dodgers with a nice big bow on it why don't you snakes.

Never seen a team want to win less than this team.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yeah this game is going to get ugly in just a min, hopefully Webb and Haren both get their act togather asap because we need them.... Well gameover no 7-0 now matter who we throw out on the mound they are horrible :(

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First and third, no outs, can't score.

Tony Clark - that was a waste.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Time to get the travel agent's number on speed dial....

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
this has been the most disappointing season so far IMO.

Aside from Webb, Drew, Haren and some Conor Jackson and Randy Johnson, everything has been bad.

Byrnes pulled up lame, both his hamstring and production.
Upton started on a tear and then began to be bad.
Burke was consistently put in the lineup which was atrocious.
Chris Young got worse as a player.
Reynolds has done about what i expected offensively, but defense has been HORRIBLE.
Carlos Quentin is tearing it up.
Brandon Lyon sucks.
Juan Cruz and Pena are inconsistent.
Bob Melvin puts together the worst lineups ever and doesnt coach.

Our team is not deserving of the playoffs without a strong finish.

OP
OP
Desert Rat

Desert Rat

Veteran
Reaction score
They are pulling the same crap like in the last series, which I warned about immediately after Monday's thriller.

Meanwhile, at Dodger Stadium, the Padres' starter, Wade LeBlanc will make his major league debut. The Padres will probably be no help in keeping the Dodgers from reaching .500 tonight. However, as terrible as the D-backs are :rolleyes:, the Dodgers have proven that they are not much better.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
They mentioned a interesting stat last night on the postgame show. The Dbacks are 2-8 on September 2.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
we are the worst team in baseball right now how in gods name do you not get a run with a runner at third and first and no one out.... :( this team is showing no energy at all really pathatic

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well see how other teams get it done dbacks they actuallty get guys home when they have guys on base with no one out :( bout to lose another series. By the way who is our hitting coach he needs to be fired

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison