Cardinals Trade for RB Kenyan Drake

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I disagree. I think kyler playing out the season with even less weapons would stunt his growth.

this X 1,000

this is about keeping your franchise QB in managable down and distances over the remainder of the season.

its also about trying to win as many games as possible -- to set the stage for next year.

also this:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

its not bad company

what if this offense is perfect for his skills and he blows it up? there are worse problems to have

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
this X 1,000

this is about keeping your franchise QB in managable down and distances over the remainder of the season.

its also about trying to win as many games as possible -- to set the stage for next year.

also this:

its not bad company

what if this offense is perfect for his skills and he blows it up? there are worse problems to have
And this stats are with an OL that's worse and Cards...and that's not even debatable.

Drake can run and he can catch.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is in the last year of his contract?

Now we should pull the trigger for Josh Gordon
We need more weapons for Murray

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Your argument is the only one that makes any sort of sense and I understand… But people crying because they want to do it for this season and prepare for Thursday have lost their minds... lol
Agreed

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
He is in the last year of his contract?

Now we should pull the trigger for Josh Gordon
We need more weapons for Murray
I’m fine with this because it won’t cost us draft capital. It’s the trading of picks for a backup RB that makes me frustrated with Keim

DumboD

Rookie
Reaction score
I like the move. Let's try to win some more games this season, instead of repeating that there's just no hope. Even though Drake may be a half-season answer, you never know. And he's bound to give KM more options with Edmonds and DJ out. That should help his confidence.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Great deal.

Has some talent. We're desperate.

If he signs elsewhere after the season we may get a 5th-7th compensatory in return.

Or maybe we keep him. RB's don't get a lot of money. SOME do, most don't. Is he guy we might sign to a 3 yr ~7 mil deal to be our backup/spot starter going forward? Maybe.

Worst case imo is we don't lose a pick overall, just downgrade a round or two and it comes a year later.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
This had better be for a 5th or worse. Free agent? Big $$$ already tied up in DJ and a young rb in chase. This will be a rental. If it’s a late round pick, fine. He’ll help the rest of the season with kyler a continued development, so in that respect I’m fine with sacrificing a late round pick. But it better be late round Keim . . .

I’m okay with this deal

Me too.....

We have been at our best this year when we have had 2 backs in the backfield with Kyler. This gives us a 3 back look that could, in theory, be frightening.

And finally..... from a future perspective: What is David's dead money number next year if we move on from him?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like 1616 said, I'm not content watching them roll over and die, but it's hard to envision our mash unit suddenly becoming dramatically better with a two day turnaround to get a guy into the playbook and onto the field. It's well known I'm a darksider this season though. I'm functionally ready to call this one a game before we even get underway.

I'm just mad Keim can waste future assets and everything so carte blanche at the moment.

The big positive out of Kliff shooting us in the foot on that 4th down play from our 30 crossed with the niners destroying the panthers, I now plan to record and just fast watch the game after enjoying Halloween.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Sounds like a dumb trade to me just roll with the 2 RBs you just signed
This is what I thought, why did Keim sign 2 RBs and now trade for a 3rd? Are DJ and Chase going to IR or something?

OP
OP
HoodieBets

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Not sure why you wouldn't want this guy on the team. Perfect skill set for this offense and brings it every play.

https://www.miamidolphins.com/video/every-touch-from-kenyan-drake-s-2-td-performance-vs-colts

It’s not that I don’t like him as a player it’s just he is only going to help for maybe 6 games then leave as a FA. He will be of no use this Thursday he will have the bye to learn the playbook and then he will have an impact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
How are you guys even sure Drake doesn’t resign?
Agreed. And how do we not know that DJ may be the one on the outside looking in if this goes well.

Again..... What's the cap hit if DJ is cut in the offseason?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Who sends a fifth rounder for a 8 game rental? What kind of things do they smoke at the Tempe facility?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
HoodieBets

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Agreed. And how do we not know that DJ may be the one on the outside looking in if this goes well.

Again..... What's the cap hit if DJ is cut in the offseason?

DJ has a cap hit of 14.25m next year with dead cap of 16.2m he ain’t going nowhere til 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose