Cardinals Trade for RB Kenyan Drake

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I would draft Dobbins even if it's in the second. Yeah the whole you 'can' get one later, but the dude is dynamic and fits our offense and you cannot get fickle because you lost out on Drake and DJ's pedestrian now

:)
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess we will be drafting a RB now...

You must be registered for see images attach

Even if Drake doesn't get this kind of money it may make him want to look elsewhere if the Cardinals do not step up.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he’s looking $8-$10 million a year he’s going to be disappointed. I just don’t see any teams in dire need of a running back that would pay him that kind of money.

He'll be a Bear.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Casserly has Dobbins going to some team picking 25 or 26.
I am thinking that too. I dig the back but also like his diminutive height which would play hell on defenses trying to keep track of him and Kyler... but he has solid bulk to go with his quick twitch speed, perfect fit

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Drake apparently didn’t watch the RB value drop in the Super Bowl when a bunch of UDFA RBs led their teams in rushing.

he won’t get 8-10 mil. If someone offers 5, he should take it and not bat an eye

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Well I wouldn't expect him to say he's happy with 5m.

This is how FA works. He's not going to get that much but will probably make some team feel happy they get him for 6 to 6.5m.

Also La Canfora is a joke.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Well I wouldn't expect him to say he's happy with 5m.

This is how FA works. He's not going to get that much but will probably make some team feel happy they get him for 6 to 6.5m.

Also La Canfora is a joke.

[warning: speculation follows]

yes, clearly posturing by the agent.

the Cards made an offer, one they thought was a good one. This drove the somewhat optimistic predictions about bringing him back.

Drakes team countered higher, and the Cards declined. Drake will test the market. This drove the subsequent tempering of expectations around Drake.

if Drake is still out there at the start of FA, the Cards have to reach out to other FA RBs and have it leaked publicly. Cant have Drake using the Cards as the fall back offer

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
His worth should be in the $5-6 million range for the Cardinals. We already have two solid running backs and this is a solid draft for the position.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Drakes career here is done. I really would like him to stay but it has to be on our terms. If we offered 5-6m and another team offers him 7 would he leave? Does he really like his situation here?

This offense is going to be better next year and there will be other options for us. Maybe in the draft or maybe a F/A that recognises the opportunity here.

if Drake leaves over a difference of a 1 million or so that the end zone celebration will have been a true signal to what’s more important.

Don’t get me wrong. A million dollars is a lot of money. But 3 years for 15m or 3 years for 17 mil should not be the final decision maker. That’s not a big difference when you are talking about work environment. It just may come down to guaranteed money.

Last edited:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
But 3 years for 15m or 3 years for 17 mil should not be the final decision maker.

it would be for me! thats nearly $700k a year's worth!

its one thing for Larry F to maybe pass on $700k a year-- but this is really Drake's only shot at a payday.

i dont blame him for trying to max things out -- even if it means going to the Bengals or something

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
[warning: speculation follows]

yes, clearly posturing by the agent.

the Cards made an offer, one they thought was a good one. This drove the somewhat optimistic predictions about bringing him back.

Drakes team countered higher, and the Cards declined. Drake will test the market. This drove the subsequent tempering of expectations around Drake.

if Drake is still out there at the start of FA, the Cards have to reach out to other FA RBs and have it leaked publicly. Cant have Drake using the Cards as the fall back offer

Speculation as well.

Drake gets upset the Cardinals will not pay him what he wants and signs for less elsewhere.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it would be for me! thats nearly $700k a year's worth!

its one thing for Larry F to maybe pass on $700k a year-- but this is really Drake's only shot at a payday.

i dont blame him for trying to max things out -- even if it means going to the Bengals or something
FK, if you can’t make a life on 15 m something is wrong. 15, 16, 17? I know there’s a difference but is there nothing else to take into consideration?

All these guys have an ego. They all have dreams of being the man, winning, competing, playing in the playoffs and of course aSuper Bowl. I would think a players environment plays some role too. Arizona is a pretty sweet place to play and appear to be on an uptick. If that isn’t enough to make him consider playing here , even it’s for a LITTLE less then so be it. See ya later and good luck.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
7 mill/year is too much. Barkley and Fournette are in that neighborhood. Like I mentioned earlier, the MAX i'd pay him is similar to what Tevin Coleman got in SF, 2 year 8.5 mill with 5.25 mill guaranteed. That was signed just this last off season and Coleman was more established than Drake and about the same age.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
FK, if you can’t make a life on 15 m something is wrong. 15, 16, 17? I know there’s a difference but is there nothing else to take into consideration?

All these guys have an ego. They all have dreams of being the man, winning, competing, playing in the playoffs and of course aSuper Bowl. I would think a players environment plays some role too. Arizona is a pretty sweet place to play and appear to be on an uptick. If that isn’t enough to make him consider playing here , even it’s for a LITTLE less then so be it. See ya later and good luck.

Don't you pay taxes in the US?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If he won't get the new deal by the Cardinals the compensation trade for him it's a 6th rounder right?