Cardinals Trade for RB Kenyan Drake

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it would be for me! thats nearly $700k a year's worth!

its one thing for Larry F to maybe pass on $700k a year-- but this is really Drake's only shot at a payday.

i dont blame him for trying to max things out -- even if it means going to the Bengals or something

We would all do the same thing in his position. It would be irresponsible of him to not go for the most money because of his family.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
my all-offense draft (stick with me here):

#8 Trade with Raiders who want the top WR, get their #12 + #80 and #81

#12 Tristan Wirfs, OT Iowa

#40 Jonathan Taylor, RB Wisconsin

Cards trade their 3rd #71 and the LV #81 to Chicago for #50.

at #50, Cards take Brandon Aiyuk, WR, ASU

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We would all do the same thing in his position. It would be irresponsible of him to not go for the most money because of his family.
Not absolutely sure I agree with you. If the contract is constructed in a way with guaranteed more money maybe not. We know in the NFL sometimes that last year isn’t worth the paper it’s written on.

team A signs him for 3 years 16 m with 12 m guaranteed. Team B offers 3 years 19 m with 8 mil guaranteed. Yes he could make 3 m more IF he plays out the contract. Add in the fact that if he performs there’s a good chance might want to extend his contract AND he already has 12 m in his pocket.
I’m not suggesting he takes a massive loss in revenue to stay here. I’m suggesting a little less money to play in an environment that he’s grown to like may get us a bit of a discount.

There have been numerous times where we’ve seen a player offered more but decided to take less.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think Drakes career here is done. I really would like him to stay but it has to be on our terms. If we offered 5-6m and another team offers him 7 would he leave? Does he really like his situation here?

This offense is going to be better next year and there will be other options for us. Maybe in the draft or maybe a F/A that recognises the opportunity here.

if Drake leaves over a difference of a 1 million or so that the end zone celebration will have been a true signal to what’s more important.

Don’t get me wrong. A million dollars is a lot of money. But 3 years for 15m or 3 years for 17 mil should not be the final decision maker. That’s not a big difference when you are talking about work environment. It just may come down to guaranteed money.
You throw away $2M way too easily. These guys have limited earning years. He’s not getting a DJ like contract at any point in his career. This is likely his biggest chance for his greatest payday. And you forget that agents, lawyers, taxes take huge chunks off that $15M. That $2M. Absolutely makes a huge difference.
And who is to say our environment is any better than those pitching him? We have been 8-23-1 over the past two seasons.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not absolutely sure I agree with you. If the contract is constructed in a way with guaranteed more money maybe not. We know in the NFL sometimes that last year isn’t worth the paper it’s written on.

team A signs him for 3 years 16 m with 12 m guaranteed. Team B offers 3 years 19 m with 8 mil guaranteed. Yes he could make 3 m more IF he plays out the contract. Add in the fact that if he performs there’s a good chance might want to extend his contract AND he already has 12 m in his pocket.
I’m not suggesting he takes a massive loss in revenue to stay here. I’m suggesting a little less money to play in an environment that he’s grown to like may get us a bit of a discount.

There have been numerous times where we’ve seen a player offered more but decided to take less.

Yes, it does happen. I remember Pat Tillman turning down the Rams to stay here for less money. There are always exceptions to the rule. They don't disprove the rule.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Ingram’s deal is as high as the Cardinals should go and even that is on the high side.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Usually those are for winning teams and teams where the player has a strong history. This is an 8 win team over two seasons and he’s been here for half a season.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I have about 2500 cigars at any given time. I won't ever let it get below 2000 or so. I have probably 100 or so different brands. It's my only vice beside my wife....:)

Any idea on how many cigars you have smoked in your life?

Me...maybe 5.

We went to Cuba and got cigars...still have every one of them. I will smoke them one day. :)

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Any idea on how many cigars you have smoked in your life?

Me...maybe 5.

We went to Cuba and got cigars...still have every one of them. I will smoke them one day. :)

I hope you have them in some sort of humidified container. Who knows went on two week cruse to Hawaii about a year ago and took 73 with me. Went to the Dominican for 9 days at Xmas time and took 59 with me, got home with 2 left on both trips. Hate to even try to count how many in my life, cuz it would make my wife realize how much it cost her...:shocker::biglaugh:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
my all-offense draft (stick with me here):

#8 Trade with Raiders who want the top WR, get their #12 + #80 and #81

#12 Tristan Wirfs, OT Iowa

#40 Jonathan Taylor, RB Wisconsin

Cards trade their 3rd #71 and the LV #81 to Chicago for #50.

at #50, Cards take Brandon Aiyuk, WR, ASU

Dream scenario. Wirfs/Wills plus Dobbins or Taylor would be a huge load off for Kyler.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
How do you "send a message" to a guy on an undrafted rookie free agent deal?

its about managing his expectations on what he wants in an extension / there are comparable goods in the NFL

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard