Cardinals sign WR Zach Pascal to a two year deal

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
I was looking at some of free agents, since I don't follow other teams like some of you do. Some of the signings you can say he is an ok depth signing and if does not make the team, he does not cost us a lot, but I find this another puzzling free agent signing. He has had some good years, but last year he had 15 receptions for 150 yards and MO gave him a $4.5M two-year contact with $1.5M signing bonus. At best he is our #4 receiver and is he better than Dortch. Dortch has produced every time he has had the opportunity and he needs more playing time.

I see this as another overpaying for a marginally player.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I was looking at some of free agents, since I don't follow other teams like some of you do. Some of the signings you can say he is an ok depth signing and if does not make the team, he does not cost us a lot, but I find this another puzzling free agent signing. He has had some good years, but last year he had 15 receptions for 150 yards and MO gave him a $4.5M two-year contact with $1.5M signing bonus. At best he is our #4 receiver and is he better than Dortch. Dortch has produced every time he has had the opportunity and he needs more playing time.

He didn't produce because he played behind two really good receivers in a run based offense.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

If Dortch is what a bunch of us here
think he is, he shouldn’t struggle to take snaps from Pascal

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Dortch is what a bunch of us here
think he is, he shouldn’t struggle to take snaps from Pascal

I think as fans we often forget that roughly 50% of offensive plays are runs and who is Dorth blocking at 5' 7" and 173lbs? The same applies to Rondale to some degree but at least he's rocked up and did 22 reps on the bench.

I think it's expected that we are going to switch to a wide zone running scheme similar to what the Browns and Vikings run (hence the athletic linemen and WR that can block we drafted).

Wide Zone is a lot of runs outside the tackles that forces safeties and corners to tackle so wide receivers that can block are pretty crucial. I don't think Dortch is going to see the field much at all outside clear passing downs otherwise you're telegraphing pass, or that the run is away from Dortch.

Another thing to remember is that this ain't Kliff's offense. The days of 10 personnel and 4 wide receivers is over. The Brown's never run a play with more than 3 WR's on the field and run more plays with 2 WR's than they do with 3. Numbers are similar for the Vikings in a similar scheme. And that's Petzing's background.

Also just thinking about this I think it makes more sense that Paris will start at RT. You really want athletic tackles with this scheme.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think as fans we often forget that roughly 50% of offensive plays are runs and who is Dorth blocking at 5' 7" and 173lbs? The same applies to Rondale to some degree but at least he's rocked up and did 22 reps on the bench.

I think it's expected that we are going to switch to a wide zone running scheme similar to what the Browns and Vikings run (hence the athletic linemen and WR that can block we drafted).

Wide Zone is a lot of runs outside the tackles that forces safeties and corners to tackle so wide receivers that can block are pretty crucial. I don't think Dortch is going to see the field much at all outside clear passing downs otherwise you're telegraphing pass, or that the run is away from Dortch.

Another thing to remember is that this ain't Kliff's offense. The days of 10 personnel and 4 wide receivers is over. The Brown's never run a play with more than 3 WR's on the field and run more plays with 2 WR's than they do with 3. Numbers are similar for the Vikings in a similar scheme. And that's Petzing's background.

Also just thinking about this I think it makes more sense that Paris will start at RT. You really want athletic tackles with this scheme.
Yeah even drafting Gaines makes sense based on the idea the Cardinals are moving to this offensive system.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson