Reaction score
Injury case played only nine games.
Fourth team in four years.
#raisethefloor

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this is another one of our harmless/throw spaghetti at the wall 1 year deals, or 2-year deals that's really 1 year, okay. If, however, this move makes us not target IOL in the draft because we're "covered," not okay.
This shouldn't hamper the FO from drafting IOL help high in the draft

If it does then they are on some strange mission that makes no sense

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
If this is another one of our harmless/throw spaghetti at the wall 1 year deals, or 2-year deals that's really 1 year, okay. If, however, this move makes us not target IOL in the draft because we're "covered," not okay.
I agree, but the caveat I will add is that I still don't want any reaches for IOL just because the Cardinals feel they have to add a prospect.

If the best available player at #34 is a CB, don't draft an IOL there.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The idea, which has been stated by both Gannon and Monti, is to not HAVE to draft any position but have people you can get by with if necessary.

In other words they want to do a true best available player draft strategy, which seems to make a lot of sense to me when you are basically weak at almost every position.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
The idea, which has been stated by both Gannon and Monti, is to not HAVE to draft any position but have people you can get by with if necessary.

In other words they want to do a true best available player draft strategy, which seems to make a lot of sense to me when you are basically weak at almost every position.
It’s seems this is the best strategy when building a team to get the most talent not reaching for need. Unless your a contender and just need a few pieces to put you over the top.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

If that is the case, then I'm for it. It is really easy to slide away from BPA because you feel a position is already "covered" though, which is what I worry about.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
If that is the case, then I'm for it. It is really easy to slide away from BPA because you feel a position is already "covered" though, which is what I worry about.
Let's say Deonte Banks or Steve Avila are on the board at #34, you take Banks because he has #1 corner upside and a CB is more valuable than a guard.

Without some of the depth signings on OL, the Cardinals would almost have to draft Avila.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave