Cardinals sign left tackle D.J. Humphries to a three-year extension!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heard on 98.7 yesterday that he is just the second 1st round pick to sign a third contract with the team since they moved to Arizona (along with Larry). Unsure if anyone beyond the first round has seen three (Dansby, but not consecutively I don’t think — unsure of Dockett or Adrian Wilson.. those are the ones that come to mind).

Pat P played here for like 10 years, but signed a long 7 year extension so never saw a third contract.
Sounds about right. Dansby doesn't count since they are talking about players saying on the same team throughout.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might have shared this before but if not, the Cardinals lead the NFL this year in offensive line cap spending. lol
Not really surprising when everyone is/was on the last year of their deals right?

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heard on 98.7 yesterday that he is just the second 1st round pick to sign a third contract with the team since they moved to Arizona (along with Larry). Unsure if anyone beyond the first round has seen three (Dansby, but not consecutively I don’t think — unsure of Dockett or Adrian Wilson.. those are the ones that come to mind).

Pat P played here for like 10 years, but signed a long 7 year extension so never saw a third contract.
Dockett and Wilson were 3rd round picks.

DJ and Larry are the only ones. Kyler should be the next one.

Peterson singed a 4 year rookie deal and a 5 year extension. He never saw a 3rd deal.
You must be registered for see images attach

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is SO bizarre. I SWEAR I remember being told repeatedly that the Cards couldn’t do big extensions to create more cap room like other franchises because they didn’t have the money to do so.

So weird that they were able to do this…

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is any of that legit still available??? Other then Sue
Haven't looked recently, but Akeem Hicks? Trey Flowers?
Isn't Jadaveon still out there?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Haven't looked recently, but Akeem Hicks? Trey Flowers?
Isn't Jadaveon still out there?

Flowers is still out there. Looks like they like Tak McKinley more considering the workout.

I've not seen any news on Flowers all off season. I assume he has some lingering injury issue.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Alford and Tak McKinley is about it. Maybe they just banking it for a potential trade?