Cardinals should make a play for Tyrod Taylor

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Wow, 37 TDs + 10 rushing TDs vs. 12 INTs in Buffalo, with mediocre at best receiving talent... what more does a guy have to do to show he can be a starter in the NFL? (Not that he fits the Cardinals' system.)

...dbs

Wins first off. He has 17 touchdown passes in the NFL in the year 2016. That is not going to cut it in the NFL.

Would be a great backup tho. You could not ask for a better one.

He could go start for the Browns, if he really wants too, or the Texans.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I think Rugby is confusing TT with someone else. Maybe Geno with the Jets? :shrug:

Nope got the right guy.

Same guy who went 7-8 this year. Same guy who had a whopping 17 touchdown passes this year. Same guy who just got benched for EJ Manuel because his franchise wants to make sure they can cut him in the offseason.

That is the guy I am talking about.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Tyrod Taylor is not special or a QB with top-10 upside but he's got a good arm and limits mistakes. Good wheels which adds another dimension to the offense. The fact that Buffalo is cutting him means nothing regarding his ability.

I think he should be on Jacksonville's radar because he's the opposite of the INT-machine Bortles.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Nope got the right guy.

Same guy who went 7-8 this year. Same guy who had a whopping 17 touchdown passes this year. Same guy who just got benched for EJ Manuel because his franchise wants to make sure they can cut him in the offseason.

Taylor also has 7 rushing TDs, which puts him at 24...1 more than Palmer, who also has 13 INTs.

If this team wants to entertain a Wilsonesque QB, Taylor could be that guy.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Taylor's stats in his first two years of starting in Buffalo compare favorably to Palmer's stats for his four years in Arizona:

Taylor 29 games, 62.6 comp.%, 37 paTDs + 10 ruTDs, 12 INTs, 7.7 yards/attempt, 94.2 rating.
Palmer 52 games, 62.8 comp.%, 93 paTDs + 1 ruTD, 49 INTS, 7.7 yards/attempt, 92.1 rating.

Taylor's passer rating puts him around the middle of the pack of starting QBs this year (though it was 10 points higher and he was in the top 10 last year, when Sammy Watkins was healthy most of the year.) I think it's silly to say that "he has shown he cannot be a starter in the NFL." In that case, half the starters in the NFL cannot be starters in the NFL.

Factoring in rushing TDs, Taylor produces at about the same rate as Palmer, with just over half the INTs. Taylor does get sacked more, however.

It would be interesting to see how Taylor would perform in Arians' system / how Arians could modify his system to fit Taylor's skill set. Taylor is only 27 years old with 29 starts under his belt. But, we probably won't see that, because he's probably not the best fit.

...dbs

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I will admit, you all make a good argument.

Its not a QB I think the Cardinals would want to build around, but I think enough of the guy to want to bring him in. The one thing this debate IS making me realize is, Taylor is going to get paid to start by someone.

OP
OP
T

the_future23

Registered
Reaction score
Nope got the right guy.

So is Palmer not a starter since he went 6-8-1? What a terrible excuse for thinking he's not NFL starter worthy. Frankly, I'd rather have him than Palmer. What an asinine post.

OP
OP
T

the_future23

Registered
Reaction score

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
He would certainly make up for the lack of protection with his mobility and we have guys that can find a way to get open when a play breaks down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
Tyrod Taylor will meet with a doctor in Philadelphia to determine if he needs hernia surgery.
The Buffalo News reported earlier Thursday that Taylor has been dealing with a "severe groin injury" for the better part of a month. The Bills' plan was to sit Taylor this week so he wouldn't get hurt, but it's already too late. Taylor's contract calls for a guaranteed $30.75 million if he can't pass a physical by the start of the new league year. A hernia operation will have him borderline. It's a potential worst-case scenario for the Bills, who have shown Taylor they don't believe in him. E.J. Manuel has already been tabbed as the Bills' starter for Week 17. Dec 29 - 3:19 PM

Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports the Bills made the decision to move on from Tyrod Taylor (groin) "weeks ago."
Taylor has been benched for Week 17 and might need groin surgery despite being left off the final injury report. That surgery could complicate the Bills' plan to move on as Taylor's contract calls for a guaranteed $30.75 million if he cannot pass a physical by the start of the new league year. This saga should dominate the Rotoworld headlines in the early part of 2017. Dec 30 - 10:01 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6509/tyrod-taylor

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
Having surgery today.....he'd be a great fit at the very latest for 2018 if and when Palmer calls it quits.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
So is Palmer not a starter since he went 6-8-1? What a terrible excuse for thinking he's not NFL starter worthy. Frankly, I'd rather have him than Palmer. What an asinine post.

LOL.

You must be registered for see images attach

Are you only going to talk about the points that cater to your opinion, or are you going to comment that he has been benched by the Bills for EJ Manuel ?

Are you going to comment that Taylor has 17 touchdown passes ?

How many games have you watched Tyrod Taylor take over ?

How about all those playoff games Taylor has played in ?

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tyrod Taylor blows. NO THANKS!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
LOL.

You must be registered for see images attach

Are you only going to talk about the points that cater to your opinion, or are you going to comment that he has been benched by the Bills for EJ Manuel ? He wasn't benched for performance...he was benched because he was already injured and his contract escalator is huge, if he's hurt and can't pass a physical.

Are you going to comment that Taylor has 17 touchdown passes ? Don't forget about his rushing td's, too...they all count.

How many games have you watched Tyrod Taylor take over ? I haven't watched enough Bills games to comment on him taking them over...but with what I saw he was capable of with Shady in the backfield, I think he would only be better with DJ along side him. Let's also not forget that while the Bills do have some dynamic receivers on the roster, like Watkins, they are hurt a bunch and really not that big of a factor.

How about all those playoff games Taylor has played in ? How about all of those playoff wins Palmer has? 1

I'm not saying Taylor is necessarily the best choice, but if he was brought in to sit behind Palmer for a year, or 2 and learn BA's offense, I think he could be really good.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I'm not saying Taylor is necessarily the best choice, but if he was brought in to sit behind Palmer for a year, or 2 and learn BA's offense, I think he could be really good.

First post in this thread, I state that I would like to bring him in as the #2 QB on the roster.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard