Cardinals Seahawks: The everything wrong with Kyler thread

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sure, but that doesn't change the fact that those who are judging what KM should see are doing it from a crow's nest perspective.

This is why one of the most crucial aspects of QB play are knowing the play you're running, reading the defense and adjusting your reads accordingly.

And that just isn't happening at all.

Last edited:

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So you’re using the same analytics I am and coming out with a different outcome? Like I said I’m my last post I don’t think they’ve posted the advanced stats to our game Sunday because they have 0 bad passes(I can name one across the middle to Hollywood), 0 drops(Moore had 2), wasn’t blitzed the entire game yesterday(Seattle got a safety sack on one) and others.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe Kliff is good at calling plays, but he doesn't seem to be good at mentoring a QB and that is what Kyler desperately needs. He's a broken QB right now

Or we can’t rule out that Kyler is just uncoachable as has been a suggestion. It’s certainly not out of the realm of possibility at all.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or we can’t rule out that Kyler is just uncoachable as has been a suggestion. It’s certainly not out of the realm of possibility at all.

AGain I get that but if that were true and everyone in the Cards organization knew that, why in the hell did we give him that extension? And now that we did are we actually going to move on from him and keep Kliff? I think the answer is obviously no.

But who knows it's the Cardinal way clearly they thought Kyler didn't do enough homework maybe they did think he was uncoachable and yet decided to give him the money anyways. If they did, they are stupid.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So you’re using the same analytics I am and coming out with a different outcome? Like I said I’m my last post I don’t think they’ve posted the advanced stats to our game Sunday because they have 0 bad passes(I can name one across the middle to Hollywood), 0 drops(Moore had 2), wasn’t blitzed the entire game yesterday(Seattle got a safety sack on one) and others.

Pretty sure pressures etc is done as it's already gone up since yesterday

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Brit:

i am assuming the Eagles game had lots of similar plays (not asking you for more homework)

yes?

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
The only hope going forward is an OC or QB coach between Kliff and Kyler IMO.

But the way the organization has kowtowed to Murray at every turn, from surrendering to his demand for a contract extension to acquiring Rondale Moore and Hollywood Brown, he would most likely have veto power, if not end up actually hand picking the guy himself.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't recall, I don't think, hardly ever seeing him on the sidelines talking to coaches and going over pictures, etc, that they always show other qb's doing. Maybe he does, and they just don't show it?
They need to get a coach over there and show him what he should have done/or where he should have thrown it. Show him his mistakes, so he learns from them. Or, maybe he's just not smart enough. He doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes. He succeeds (when he does) because of his athletic ability, not because he is very smart.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys… Kyler’s been a punchline since that Rams playoff game. What he’s getting closer to is a laughingstock.
When Kyler took himself out of that playoff game a responsible team owner would have made a mental note to not pay him a ton of money before another year of play. You do not reward that kind of immaturity. Then came the scrubbing of social media, the agent demand letter, and so many other warning signs. Ridiculous. Those are just the things we have seen publicly. Imagine what a wreck it is behind the scenes.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you following this thread? There are plenty of open players. I think the coach has the offense figured out. The QB is just more interested in Call of Duty than winning football games.
Fitz has already been gone for 2 years. Just saying that Fitz may not have had much confidence in him. I don't think his offense is groundbreaking or even very imaginative most of the time. Rather boring really. Not the "air raid" we were promised.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fitz has already been gone for 2 years. Just saying that Fitz may not have had much confidence in him. I don't think his offense is groundbreaking or even very imaginative most of the time. Rather boring really. Not the "air raid" we were promised.

It was pretty exciting through 12 games last year.

Offenses are more exciting when your QB is playing well.

football karma

Reaction score
my suggestion:

Mike B needs to take the VR gear that Carson Palmer used so much, but then turn the players into Madden-like players and when Kyler throws it to the right read, coins pop out like Mario.

problem solved

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AGain I get that but if that were true and everyone in the Cards organization knew that, why in the hell did we give him that extension? And now that we did are we actually going to move on from him and keep Kliff? I think the answer is obviously no.

But who knows it's the Cardinal way clearly they thought Kyler didn't do enough homework maybe they did think he was uncoachable and yet decided to give him the money anyways. If they did, they are stupid.
It’s easy to fall in love with physical ability and overlook other things.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't recall, I don't think, hardly ever seeing him on the sidelines talking to coaches and going over pictures, etc, that they always show other qb's doing. Maybe he does, and they just don't show it?
They need to get a coach over there and show him what he should have done/or where he should have thrown it. Show him his mistakes, so he learns from them. Or, maybe he's just not smart enough. He doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes. He succeeds (when he does) because of his athletic ability, not because he is very smart.
This happens all the time. Cam Turner is the guy sitting next to Kyler after drives most of the time.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
my suggestion:

Mike B needs to take the VR gear that Carson Palmer used so much, but then turn the players into Madden-like players and when Kyler throws it to the right read, coins pop out like Mario.

problem solved

This is hilarious

football karma

Reaction score
I'm like 80% sure that Tom Clements was supposed to fill the role that people are describing and he noped out and retired after one season. It's not like he has a hard time dealing with weird quarterbacks; he worked with Aaron Rodgers.
i think he went back to Rodgers this year too

"Aaron, you have no idea...."

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

"We"

I do agree that Kyler is only part of a large organisation/system with many moving parts however I would like him to take a little more ownership over his sphere.

Even on Sunday with all other things being equal a couple of passes that were fractionally behind the receiver cost us a couple of first downs

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
OK but how does that relate to the head coach not knowing what down it is at such a critical point in the game? That's what Orlovsky was talking about, yes it was confusing did Kyler get the first or not you can't ask for a measurement because of the clock etc but the coach is in charge there he HAS to know. If he's not sure ask the ref standing right by him hey was that a first down or not. He didn't he assumed it was and said clock it.

It's not the first time he's been that out of touch at the end of a game.

I'm not saying Kyler isn't a big part of the problem but I completely agree with Orlovsky, if we hadn't extended Kliff, he'd be unemployed right now
None of these game management issues are nearly as important as the ordinary plays.

Execute ordinary plays excellently, and you'll win most games. These higher leverage situations are happening BECAUSE of Murray. The regularly play calls are doing the job.

Right now I'm more concerned at the many stalled drives, much more so than those gaffes.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
His offense is much more exciting with a QB who executes the plays.

The Rams have a boring offense. Yes it works, but it's a bunch of misdirection.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
First, I’ve been criticizing Murray almost from the day he arrived. The following is not an attempt to absolve him of responsibility. However I still believe accountability starts with the coach. Murray doesn’t use progressions (very bad), but I’d expect the primary target to be open more often if the play design didn‘t tip the target or involved more complex motion. The examples in this thread need to be shown to Murray on a tablet, like many teams do. Murray should not be allowed to just sit on the bench feeling sorry for himself. The entire offense should view the game tapes together, including Murray. Murray should politely be asked to explain his decisions. Until the coach has the intestinal fortitude to hold Murray publicly accountable, I don’t expect things to change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard