Cardinals @ Lions postgame thread

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I'm not buying and of this "the players suck" stuff. They the same players that were 7-0 (yes were 3-4 last 7).

What they are is mentally weak because Kliff is mentally weak.
Just seeing the opposite side they were 7-0 because of Kliff. And now the same players don't know how to win? The head coach will always take the fall but those players are to blame too. There is plenty of blame to go around.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wirfs was awesome at Iowa. You have no idea what you are talking about on that.

But he wasn’t. He was a RT and that’s probably 3rd on the list of importance on the offensive line behind LT and C.

He was considered raw with a lot of upside coming out. He was far from dominate and had a horrible bowl game.

He was the 4th offensive lineman taken in that draft. Hindsight is 20/20 but to act like he was blue chip can’t miss isn’t what was the reality at the time.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kyler barely has a .500 record in 3 years. All three years Kyler faded in the second half of the season. Are we sure about paying him 150 million guaranteed?

Today he said these loses are not same as the issues they had last year. I have no idea what Kyler means anymore.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I know exactly what I am talking about. I watched him alot. He was still the (at best) 3rd rated OT in the draft and possibly the 4th depending on the draft room. He has exceeded his projection and I am comfortable saying that.

I wanted Thomas or Wills. Krang wanted Becton bad. It's a crap shoot and you know it.

With that being said, IS was the clear choice IMO over any of em. That's what makes it a crap shoot.
It is a crapshoot completely.. I personally wanted Ceedee, who looking back would have been a great immediate boost to the team and the future. Kid will be an All-Pro for a number of years (I think he is better than Jamarr Chase.. Cinci has similar needs as us in OL and LB, Chase has had a far bigger impact than Sewill (Detroits OT pick) and no one would have selected Parsons that high at the time. ) With that said, being Simmons "slipped" in the draft and I wanted Ceedee it was hard to argue with the pick based on projections of value and an extreme need for the team. Hicks has had his spots this year, but isn't winning us games vs anybody relevant.

This league is offense first with very few outliers nowadays. The Billy B ball is few and far between where you can get by with Troy Brown with Tom Brady.... or Mac Jones with Jacoby Meyers. Everyone else it is an arms race on offense. Think about this excluding Tom Brady whose team has weapons galore w the best oline...

-Mahomes - Hill - Kelce - 1st rd RB CHE - Traded 1st round pick for RT Orlando Brown
-Rodgers - Adams - Aaron Jones - AJ Dillion - historically always a well rounded Oline
-Prescott (I don't think is elite but everything else is) - Zeke/Pollard - Ceedee/Amari/Gallup/Schultz
-Stafford - Henderson/Sony - Kupp/OBJ/Woods (I'd also take Van over any WR we have not named Nuk) - Higbee - better Oline than us for certain
- Herbert - Eckler - Allen/Williams/Guyton - Cook... and again better OLine than ours.
- Cousins - Jefferson/Thielen - Cook/Mattison...and again better OLine than ours.

If you go seed 8 and up for both conferences I see this..

1) The only teams with a combo of inferior skill position players and Oline (QB, RBS, WRS, TE and Oline) are the Patriots and Redskins today. SF would be a toss-up and a healthy TN is better than ours.
2) We have the worse offensive line. The next up would be Cinci or Was
3) The most subjective statement - our coaching is at the very bottom of that pack of 16 teams.

We have Kyler - Nuk - and kind of Ertz, as we truly haven't figured out how to best utilize him. Twilight Green isn't much without Hopkins, and those dreaming Kirk is something special need to keep dreaming. The usage of Rondale is perplexing. Either he can't run routes so we don't run him many routes or it's Kliffy and his limited route trees and movements for WRs (see Nuk's routes in comparative to other star WRs and even compared to his time in Hou)

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
May be we are just ....

Don't have to hear that cheesy gloating from the front runners anymore

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure... with HOFer Warner throwing to HOFer Fitz and potential HOFer Boldin... :thumbup:
if I recall NOBODY gave us a chance in the playoffs, nor did WE! We looked terrible and we’re manhandled in spite of Fitz and Warner.
Point being if you played great 5 weeks ago and suck today has no bearing on how you will be playing 3 weeks ftt try on now except for our psyche! Lol

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if I recall NOBODY gave us a chance in the playoffs, nor did WE! We looked terrible and we’re manhandled in spite of Fitz and Warner.
Point being if you played great 5 weeks ago and suck today has no bearing on how you will be playing 3 weeks ftt try on now except for our psyche! Lol
Things can change quickly. But our fragile psyches cannot handle such turbulence in an NFL with emotional sobriety. Too high... too low.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yea. Miracles can happen.

Even then we ended up kicked in the balls worst than ever.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chandler asked the price of Gambo's wife. Now CJ is claiming account is hacked..

I am a Gambo hater but CJ can f*** off for that kind of comments. I mean Bidwill should not and will not extend that kind of a person next year.

Lmao

Get real if you think an owner is going to make a contract decision on a comment like that

scandalous_b

Veteran
Reaction score
Nah..... Two totally different players. MP was an edge rusher in High School here in Harrisburg. He was a true stud who played out of position in Penn State because of other players they had.

Parsons was a top 5 pick until he opted out. Somehow it allowed him to sneak down the board. All I could think was recency bias. I was pretty shocked when the Dolphins and then Panthers let him fall. He would have been a perfect Panther.

And I still think the boys should have taken Slater over him.
Came here to say this.

Simmons & Parsons have completely different backgrounds. Parsons showed up to Penn State as a dominant pass rusher and one of the best players in high school football. Simmons showed up to Clemson as a raw secondary athlete. Parsons has an element of quickness & physicality that Simmons doesn't have. Simmons is better in space & coverage.

Unfortunately, Vance's scheme treats Simmons as if he were any other linebacker, and doesn't do anything to cater to Simmons's strengths. I don't think Simmons is a safety, but he should be used in that role a lot more than he is - even if it is to just keep the offense guessing. Right now - there is no real mystery to what the Cardinals are going to do on defense from play to play.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard