Cardinals hit rock bottom in Power Ranking

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-rankings-week-4-rams-chiefs-rise-above-chaos

Previous rank: No. 31

The Josh Rosen era began in earnest Sunday in Arizona. The rotten play-calling continued in earnest. Did you watch the game? Probably not. Story time, kids: The Cards handed Rosen the keys, down 16-14 to the Bears late in the fourth quarter. On third-and-2, and within striking distance of field-goal range, Arizona called a running play with David Johnson's backup. Negative-3 yards later, it's fourth-and-5. So, now we have a rookie QB in his first NFL action ever, game in the balance, versus a top-five defense. So, of course, despite having all three timeouts remaining, Steve Wilks and staff eschew stopping the clock to fully prep their 21-year-old signal-caller and just went with the play as called. Pick. Two hugely important plays, no timeout called, and their top offensive player doesn't touch the ball. Alrighty.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Here's how bad the offense was after the two scores Sunday.

After getting out to a 14-0 lead over the Bears, Arizona gained 17 yards on its next five possessions and then turned over the ball on the two possessions after that.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Coaches are getting called out, hard
It's because people aren't stupid anymore. People have access to data and film, and can identify when mistakes are made. The curtain has been pulled back and we all can see the wizard for what he is. Don't get me wrong, there are people in the league who are head and shoulders above #JoeFan, but there are an equal number who are only there because they part of the club.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Cards would probably lose to most of the Top 25. Not NFL, mind you. I mean college.

I also find this tempting to think and in truth I remember way back when the college all stars used to play teams in pre-season and they'd win games but that's the college allstars back when players stayed all 4 years and that's distilled down nationwide to only the best players who were going to the NFL for the most part anyway which makes sense because those teams we're deep.

Even a great college team is going to have AT MOST 6 or 7 NFL caliber players at any one time that' son both sides of the ball. That leaves at least 15 non caliber NFL players.

We have at least 10 NFL caliber players so we should win easily against any college team :) /snark

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cardinals are not only dead last on offense... with 190 yards per game, they're 55 YARDS BEHIND the next worst team, Buffalo! And with under 24 minutes of posession per game. I've never seen anything like it after 3 games.

Incredible, appalling incompetence.

They should triple Bruce Arians' salary to bring him back as a "consultant"... with complete power over the entire coaching staff.

...dave

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It's because people aren't stupid anymore. People have access to data and film, and can identify when mistakes are made. The curtain has been pulled back and we all can see the wizard for what he is. Don't get me wrong, there are people in the league who are head and shoulders above #JoeFan, but there are an equal number who are only there because they part of the club.

Yeah. There are things like play sequencing that I don't really have the time to get into and educate myself about this (these coaches have been working on this 40+ hours a week for decades), but you can get a pretty gut-level feeling about scouts and play design, and the results speak for itself.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah. There are things like play sequencing that I don't really have the time to get into and educate myself about this (these coaches have been working on this 40+ hours a week for decades), but you can get a pretty gut-level feeling about scouts and play design, and the results speak for itself.
David Johnson was on the bench getting reprimanded while a 205lb back was sent in to gain 2 yards. Even a neophyte would know that was a stupid, stupid move.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
RosenTime begins now. We'll be climbing into the even lower 30's by this time next week. Two wins before the bye, coming our way.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Previous rank: No. 31

The Josh Rosen era began in earnest Sunday in Arizona. The rotten play-calling continued in earnest. Did you watch the game? Probably not. Story time, kids: The Cards handed Rosen the keys, down 16-14 to the Bears late in the fourth quarter. On third-and-2, and within striking distance of field-goal range, Arizona called a running play with David Johnson's backup. Negative-3 yards later, it's fourth-and-5. So, now we have a rookie QB in his first NFL action ever, game in the balance, versus a top-five defense. So, of course, despite having all three timeouts remaining, Steve Wilks and staff eschew stopping the clock to fully prep their 21-year-old signal-caller and just went with the play as called. Pick. Two hugely important plays, no timeout called, and their top offensive player doesn't touch the ball. Alrighty.
Sad, but true

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score

I think once that curtain was pulled aside, it would reveal the Cards are the Scarecrow.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Previous rank:No. 31

The Josh Rosen era began in earnest Sunday in Arizona. The rotten play-calling continued in earnest. Did you watch the game? Probably not. Story time, kids: The Cards handed Rosen the keys, down 16-14 to the Bears late in the fourth quarter. On third-and-2, and within striking distance of field-goal range, Arizona called a running play with David Johnson's backup. Negative-3 yards later, it's fourth-and-5. So, now we have a rookie QB in his first NFL action ever, game in the balance, versus a top-five defense. So, of course, despite having all three timeouts remaining, Steve Wilks and staff eschew stopping the clock to fully prep their 21-year-old signal-caller and just went with the play as called. Pick.Two hugely important plays, no timeout called, and their top offensive player doesn't touch the ball. Alrighty.

Very solid recap.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Cardinals are not only dead last on offense... with 190 yards per game, they're 55 YARDS BEHIND the next worst team, Buffalo! And with under 24 minutes of posession per game. I've never seen anything like it after 3 games.

Incredible, appalling incompetence.

They should triple Bruce Arians' salary to bring him back as a "consultant"... with complete power over the entire coaching staff.

...dave
The more I see statistics the more I think, “I knew this team wouldn’t be great, and I’m realizing they aren’t that talented, but this bad??? That’s coaching. Appalling coaching.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
David Johnson was on the bench getting reprimanded while a 205lb back was sent in to gain 2 yards. Even a neophyte would know that was a stupid, stupid move.
And too add to the stupidity of that, theyre best blocking TE was on the bench & its worst was in & missed his block lol :madarms:

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wilks reminds me of Whisenhunt more and more every day. I'm just waiting for Wilks to try the Bradford/Rosen platoon and bring back Paris Lenon.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard