Cardinals Hire Titans' Monti Ossenfort as New GM

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I know nothing about the dude except that he was present for some championship patriots teams. I do like how close to the vest that Bidwill is playing this

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
He made this list that I posted a couple of weeks ago!

Here's the blurb specifically about him!

Monti Ossenfort, Titans director of player personnel: Ossenfort will be a consideration in Tennessee, given his work there the past couple of years, and also how his Patriots background dovetails with Mike Vrabel’s. He’s interviewed for GM spots with the Panthers, Giants and Bears, and blends an old-school scout’s résumé with high-level skill in preparation and organization for a guy who spent most of his career outside of an office.

Last edited:

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I know nothing about the dude except that he was present for some championship patriots teams. I do like how close to the vest that Bidwill is playing this

Bidwill also acted proactively instead of waiting until the only thing left was wha someone who no one else wanted (like he did with prior Head Coaching hires).

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is the part where all of twitter photoshops Flores into wearing Cardinals gear
Just because they were a part of the same organization at some point in their careers? Monti was the director of college scouting, Flores was a linebackers coach. Their tenure overlapped for 2 seasons.

I don't understand the connection.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wish we had a GM with actual experience in the position. Flores has a lawsuit with the NFL. He’s a defensive minded coach, how will this help Kyler if he’s hired??

I suspect the Flores connection is just speculation for the HC.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He made this listed that I posted a couple of week ago!

Here's the blurb specifically about him!

Monti Ossenfort, Titans director of player personnel: Ossenfort will be a consideration in Tennessee, given his work there the past couple of years, and also how his Patriots background dovetails with Mike Vrabel’s. He’s interviewed for GM spots with the Panthers, Giants and Bears, and blends an old-school scout’s résumé with high-level skill in preparation and organization for a guy who spent most of his career outside of an office.
Off that list I would have preferred

Adam Peters, 49ers assistant GM: Peters would be a top name if this was a ranking—he was runner-up for the Giants' job last year, and the Maras raved about how the Niners exec was like Schoen—very complete as a personnel man, with command over every level of a football operation. Peters has rings from New England and Denver, and has had a presence in helping put together what’s arguably the best roster in football

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Like my candidate, Cunningham, Ossenfort is a scouting veteran. He worked with Belichick and Charley Casserly, two of the best in the business. A former small college QB, he’s lived the game his entire adult life. He is extremely well qualified and should give the Cards the depth of personnel knowledge they have seemed to lack. He’s been successful at identifying impact players even late in the draft. He‘s got a great pool to start with so this could be fun. I quickly asked around and the pros are calling this a solid hire.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Henry ran out of gas this year.
1936 yards (2nd highest of his career) on 386 touches is "running out of gas" ?!? :shrug:

(Note: I doubt it's even remotely feasible for Tennessee to trade him, nor do i think it would be a good idea for the Cardinals to bring in an extremely highly paid 29 year old RB.)

...dave

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Off that list I would have preferred

Adam Peters, 49ers assistant GM: Peters would be a top name if this was a ranking—he was runner-up for the Giants' job last year, and the Maras raved about how the Niners exec was like Schoen—very complete as a personnel man, with command over every level of a football operation. Peters has rings from New England and Denver, and has had a presence in helping put together what’s arguably the best roster in football
He declined interviewing with us - most people believe he is getting the 49ers GM job very soon.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
:offtopic:Back to the topic and off of Henry. At least it's outside the organization. It was a good move to hire the GM before the coach IMO. As far as Payton is concerned, I've never believed he would come here. But, I've been wrong before :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose