Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If a DC (Flores or Lou) gets the HC job - who are some of the top OC's candidates out there?

Eric Bieniemy is interesting in that role. He has worked with the best for several years and his contract expires after SB. Still feels like he needs to make a change/prove he can do this elsewhere to get a HC job down the line.

Flores HC
Bieniemy OC
Jerod Mayo DC
I think we have a better shot at Matt Nagy than Bieniemy

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think we have a better shot at Matt Nagy than Bieniemy

I've been thinking about Nagy recently and how little OC talk he gets.

He has a 34-31 regular season record and only had 1 losing season with 3 years of Mitch Trubisky and 1 year of rookie Fields and Dalton. He made the playoffs twice. He won coach of the year from both PFWA and AA.

Nagy would be a fine choice for OC in my opinion. Outside of his Bear's tenure he's been with Andy Reid since 2009. If you want to a Reid inspired offense that integrates a lot of college concepts then I'd favor Nagy over Bieniemy.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I've been thinking about Nagy recently and how little OC talk he gets.

He has a 34-31 regular season record and only had 1 losing season with 3 years of Mitch Trubisky and 1 year of rookie Fields and Dalton. He made the playoffs twice. He won coach of the year from both PFWA and AA.

Nagy would be a fine choice for OC in my opinion. Outside of his Bear's tenure he's been with Andy Reid since 2009. If you want to a Reid inspired offense that integrates a lot of college concepts then I'd favor Nagy over Bieniemy.

Wouldn't Nagy be expected to improve after 1st year in Chicago? His offense was awful.

You must be registered for see images attach

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I hope Michael silver and everyone else understands that releasing someone from a contract and denying other teams permission if they ask to speak with him are two completely different things. I don't know if I was , that I would hold him to his contract knowing that if another team came calling I would give that team permission and work out compensation trade.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If a DC (Flores or Lou) gets the HC job - who are some of the top OC's candidates out there?

Eric Bieniemy is interesting in that role. He has worked with the best for several years and his contract expires after SB. Still feels like he needs to make a change/prove he can do this elsewhere to get a HC job down the line.

Flores HC
Bieniemy OC
Jerod Mayo DC
Why would you think Flores wouldn't hire Josh Boyer who he hired as his DC with the Dolphins?

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Lou is the guy then maybe he'll bring him in.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I am talking OC - offense
You had Jerod Mayo as his DC which is what I was commenting on.

I don't think any top OCs are going to flock to work with Brian Flores. He burned through Chad O'Shea and Chan Gailey in his first two years in Miami. NE guys don't have the best rep for playing well with others. You can look at Belichick and his OC history as an example.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
I'm okay with any of the three.

If Flores is the guy it will be interesting to see who is brought in as the OC. Same for Anarumo.

With Kafka the big question will be who is the DC.

Question marks for all three, but I think Anarumo is probably the safest pick, and least likely to flame out.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I'm okay with any of the three.

If Flores is the guy it will be interesting to see who is brought in as the OC. Same for Anarumo.

With Kafka the big question will be who is the DC.

Question marks for all three, but I think Anarumo is probably the safest pick, and least likely to flame out.

on the strategic elements of being a HC:

Flores has done it before. i like guys who looked promising, and had a chance to reflect on round 1
Anarumo next, only due to his experience.
Kafka last.

its all a roll of the dice anyway. It looks like the team will get at least standard NFL GM-ing, but that also remains to be seen.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is there a situation where a bong rip isn't warranted? Lol

Yes, just before you're interviewed for a second time for a H-C job in the NFL.

The owner and GM may not share or understand the flights of fancy prefaced by 'hey, man' and 'listen, dude.'

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Flores has done it before. i like guys who looked promising, and had a chance to reflect on round 1

This is what I don't get about the Flores hire. As if he's just going to do the same thing that didn't work for him before because this time it will surely work.

Do people think Flores isn't fully aware the big issue for him was getting the offense right? And is just going to do the same thing again?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose