• F

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you think this, you must be 100 percent certain we're making the playoffs next year.
He went what, 3-5 with a depleted roster and a tough schedule? I would think he could do it as well. I wouldn't bet on it, but I could see it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The conundrum is this. Kyler Murray really only has two years after this one on his contract. Will the Cardinals even make the playoffs before they have to make a decision to extend Kyler past 30 and pay him 55+ mil.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The conundrum is this. Kyler Murray really only has two years after this one on his contract. Will the Cardinals even make the playoffs before they have to make a decision to extend Kyler past 30 and pay him 55+ mil.
So three more years? That is an eternity for those of us who live 1/4 mile at a time.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Also, amongst all of our roster holes, here is our FA class after this year.

Froholdt - 29
Hernandez - 30
Baker - 29
White - 29
Conner - 30
Gardeck - 31
Rondale Moore - 25
Zaven Collins - 26

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Gave a D. Lots of cap space, players of need available, and went bargain basement shopping like always. Wasn't expecting big name players but there were definitely some guys out there who would have made the roster much better than these incremental upgrades over the complete dreck of a roster from last year.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Gave a D. Lots of cap space, players of need available, and went bargain basement shopping like always. Wasn't expecting big name players but there were definitely some guys out there who would have made the roster much better than these incremental upgrades over the complete dreck of a roster from last year.
If this is all the major FAs we draft, I will be with you.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hearing a lot of "next year" in this plan. With this team, it's always "next year."
Well Keim spent years putting bandaids on bullet holes in order to compete “this year” and never had a plan for sustained success. I’m willing to give MO more than two off seasons to achieve that.

I’m also an optimist and believe this year’s team will win closer to 10 games.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Cards make the playoffs in the next two years.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Who's the upgrade that you see out there at LG? John Simpson (BAL)? Ben Bredeson (NYG)? Saahdiq Charles (WAS)? There was always a good possibility that the Cards were going to let Dennis Daley, Carter O'Donnell, Jon Gaines, and the rest of the Suicide Squad compete for that spot.
Isaiah Wynn, Jonah Williams, Connor Williams, Dalton Risner, Andrus Peat. All five are solid players. Though, it is an obvious risk that they might be overpaid by someone else.

And just to make it clear, I am not saying that I necessarily wish they would sign them. Just that upgrades are out there.

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
ugh

i think in the coming week there will be players released that could both really help and wouldnt cost too much

the team still has major holes at LT, LG, WR, and Edge

the draft can plug 2 of those holes, but thinking that all four get solved via draft alone isnt realistic
The draft should plug holes at WR (1st round), LT (1st), Edge (2nd), LG (3rd). And then go for defensive back with other 3rd round pick. Or if a better player that fills a bigger need appears, then the team has flexibility to rearrange those picks.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The draft should plug holes at WR (1st round), LT (1st), Edge (2nd), LG (3rd). And then go for defensive back with other 3rd round pick. Or if a better player that fills a bigger need appears, then the team has flexibility to rearrange those picks.
That is exactly how not to plan a draft, to plug holes at positions of great need. That is how you reach and get bustolas. WR at 4 is a nice convergence of need and availability, but that may not be the case beyond 4.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is exactly how not to plan a draft, to plug holes at positions of great need. That is how you reach and get bustolas. WR at 4 is a nice convergence of need and availability, but that may not be the case beyond 4.
Exactly. That's how the old Cardinals have always done it. I hope this Monti guy is different.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one here is actually drafting. There is just a probability that the holes will be addressed.