Cardinals' FA Thoughts

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
And I also agree that trying to bring Massie back on a one year deal at the last minute was very disconcerting. Buying another year for your first round "13th best player" on last years draft board? They need to stick to FA Olinemen because they have no clue how to draft them.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I can't see paying JPP that kind of money. I'm not at all sure he's still a premier rusher.
Campbell IMO played well considering how mediocre the rest of the D-line was. Get a good DE opposite him and he'll be more productive statistically.
Sign Freeney now, but at his age no sense in overpaying him.
The Cards are underrating Jefferson, but I'm not sure anyone will compete for him.
I don't think Gunter is anywhere near quick enough or agile enough to play DE in a 3-4.
I hear Johnson wants more than last year. I'd draft a RB and keep the dollars.
Evans would be okay at guard, a vet is needed. I just. Like Penn better.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Exactly. And let's face it---JPP wasn't exactly pleased with the way the Giants handled his situation last year. Had the money and level of commitment been there from the Cardinals, there's a decent chance he would have taken it. Then, with a 3-4 year deal agreed upon, it makes sense to move his family.

So if he wasn't happy in New York, why settle for only a one-year deal to stay there, even when offered more money by a legit contender?

Last edited:

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
Mitch, Kiem is doing what good teams do. Not panicking. Look at the teams spending money. What do they all have in common? Lots of cap room and they suck. Just like every year. It's called a budget. We will get some solid players.
I will agree with you on Jefferson. I don't get why we wouldn't guarantee 2.5M instead of 1.7M, for the advantage of getting a second round pick if he is signed.

This

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mitch I like most of what you have to say. but "Freeney deserves at least a $6M base plus incentives." Is nuts to me. The guy had one good game IMO. Did nothing to help us in the playoffs. I don't get that part at all. I don't care if he's on the team next year unless it's for next to nothing.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Mitch I like most of what you have to say. but "Freeney deserves at least a $6M base plus incentives." Is nuts to me. The guy had one good game IMO. Did nothing to help us in the playoffs. I don't get that part at all. I don't care if he's on the team next year unless it's for next to nothing.

You can bet teams game planned for Freeney and the opposing QB was more than aware of him on the field.

But 6M is steep unless as Mitch said you want him mentoring in TC. Maybe 4M + incentives.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Bump

We a little more calm about the offseason, now?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Campbell doesn't have an agent to negotiate with, Mitch. Freeney likely wants to sign late in camp. I wouldn't focus on those two

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA