Cardinals expecting OL Josh Jones ‘to really step up’ in 2022

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Makes you think they aren't going with an lineman in the first round.
Nor in any other round or free agency. If they aren't looking to upgrade their worst offensive lineman, they aren't looking to upgrade the line period.

The concept of doing everything possible to get Kyler to the next level seems to be lost on the Cardinals.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Such nonsense, we thought he made strides as the first two years but we replaced him in the starting lineup with Max Garcia. Utter nonsense. Translation, he improved but he stilled sucked so we had to replace him in the starting lineup. Now we expect him to just make a huge leap in year three.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Why not? Why wouldn't they expect it. You should expect it from a 3rd round pick in year 3.

It often take O line a couple of years to grasp the role.

He has every chance of making a step up.
Maybe because Keim claimed they had Jones graded as a first round pick just might be the reason people are expecting more.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They have a clear idea where to play him or they want a player improving bouncing from a position to another one?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I'm not down on Jones like others. He has the size and athletic ability to play. His issue seems to be strength and that can be fixed. People only remember him getting bull rushed, which is hard to forget, but that's seems to come from not being strong enough. If he puts in the strength work, I think he can be a good OL.
DJ was a 1st round pick and it took him 3 years to get to be a legit OL and he's improved from there. Jones can do the same.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm not down on Jones like others. He has the size and athletic ability to play. His issue seems to be strength and that can be fixed. People only remember him getting bull rushed, which is hard to forget, but that's seems to come from not being strong enough. If he puts in the strength work, I think he can be a good OL.
DJ was a 1st round pick and it took him 3 years to get to be a legit OL and he's improved from there. Jones can do the same.
I think Jones had a few good games. He looked better at tackle than guard.

Some guys it take three years for them to take off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose