Cardinals @ Cowboys postgame thread

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Off subject- how do you post articles like that?

Just copy and paste the link in the message body. The new software creates the header. Same with youtube videos and Twitter now.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Props to you Lorenzo! Other than being a Cowboys fan, you seem like a stand-up guy! For many years my stand has been, if you want to be good, you have got to beat the other team AND the bad calls that go against you!

But yes, as has been discussed Edmonds fumble was a dead ball as soon as he is touching the ball while out of bounds!
I appreciate that! And I enjoy this forum even though I am a Dallas fan, because there are some good people on here for all of the Arizona teams and beyond.

And yes I agree with that stand. If you’ve ever played or watched any close game you will look back at countless what ifs. Officials will make bad calls, or they will make good calls and as a competitor in the heat of the moment you just can’t see the bigger picture until things calm down. Cowboys had plenty of key plays in that game that had nothing to do with refs. And as others pointed out, the refs made multiple calls in their favor as well. For the cowboys players, I have no issue with them openly complaining about bad calls because they should be venting their frustration and refs need to feel the pressure in order for them to be held accountable. But I do have a problem if they are overlooking their own inadequate play that has to get corrected for the playoffs. It’s a tight rope and if you go too far with the ref bashing it can hinder your growth as a player/team. There were some players that were making it seem that they lost because of the refs….no they lost because the offense didn’t score much until the fourth quarter. So the offensive players especially should be taking the blame.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I appreciate that! And I enjoy this forum even though I am a Dallas fan, because there are some good people on here for all of the Arizona teams and beyond.

And yes I agree with that stand. If you’ve ever played or watched any close game you will look back at countless what ifs. Officials will make bad calls, or they will make good calls and as a competitor in the heat of the moment you just can’t see the bigger picture until things calm down. Cowboys had plenty of key plays in that game that had nothing to do with refs. And as others pointed out, the refs made multiple calls in their favor as well. For the cowboys players, I have no issue with them openly complaining about bad calls because they should be venting their frustration and refs need to feel the pressure in order for them to be held accountable. But I do have a problem if they are overlooking their own inadequate play that has to get corrected for the playoffs. It’s a tight rope and if you go too far with the ref bashing it can hinder your growth as a player/team. There were some players that were making it seem that they lost because of the refs….no they lost because the offense didn’t score much until the fourth quarter. So the offensive players especially should be taking the blame.
It's funny, but I watched that game and saw Tyron Smith holding Chandler Jones all game long. I saw that BS PI call on Jordan Hicks that extended a drive.

The Cowboys players and coaches using the refs as an excuse is pretty sorry. I saw a ton of noncalls and calls that went the Cowboys way.

What I have seen over the almost three decades that I have watched professional football is that games that are poorly refereed generally affects both teams. If the refs called every blatant hold I saw on Tyron Smith, the Cowboys likely score 10 less points.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
It's funny, but I watched that game and saw Tyron Smith holding Chandler Jones all game long. I saw that BS PI call on Jordan Hicks that extended a drive.

The Cowboys players and coaches using the refs as an excuse is pretty sorry. I saw a ton of noncalls and calls that went the Cowboys way.

What I have seen over the almost three decades that I have watched professional football is that games that are poorly refereed generally affects both teams. If the refs called every blatant hold I saw on Tyron Smith, the Cowboys likely score 10 less points.
I don’t disagree. We will see how their ref critique plays out for them. If they win playoff games (yes plural) then I will forgive them. That seems like a stretch at this point, but I do think in today’s nfl it is possible. One playoff win seems more like their ceiling if they aren’t going to run the ball and they are going to lean on dak to carry them. Giving pollard 3 carries in a game is ridiculous(assuming he’s not injured).

Bottom line Arizona earned that victory with how well they played from start to finish. And I commend the cards fans on here that had the confidence in their team to believe that they would indeed win. This is a week to week league and it’s hard to believe when the results aren’t there.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
funny thing about penalties

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If offered the playoff tickets, I'll probably go, but I have an MMA show wildcard weekend so please God don't make us play on Saturday. When I took the show we had the best record in the NFL, and I never thought we'd be playing that weekend...:offtopic:
If it is UFC, it should be a good one.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Does anyone know why KK was so pissed after the failed 2 point conversion? I'm thinking because of Dallas maybe getting away with a hold or something because he was very angry, he never gets that angry/animated with his players for messing up?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know why KK was so pissed after the failed 2 point conversion? I'm thinking because of Dallas maybe getting away with a hold or something because he was very angry, he never gets that angry/animated with his players for messing up?
I was wondering that too. The play just didn't work. It would be interesting to see if an assignment was missed.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn