Cardinals Busted for Tampering with Gannon.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Monti really screwed up. His finalists were still available after the Super Bowl and Gannon was of course going to pick up the phone for a head coaching opportunity.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm guessing he was an earlier favorite, but the cards couldn't do anything because he was in the playoffs and they had just hired their GM.. but I'm guessing maybe there was some intentional leaking of news or trying to facilitate conversation with gannon's agent. All just a guess.
But still, you can have contact, legally. So how didn't we? Completely inept.

In the end, how many picked before us? No way MB is smart enough to fake a Payton dalliance in order to try to skate on the league rules.

It's hard to believe that's tampering. Maybe it's some other rule and being called 'tampering' by the media as being a ballpark violation.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
But still, you can have contact, legally. So how didn't we? Completely inept.

In the end, how many picked before us? No way MB is smart enough to fake a Payton dalliance in order to try to skate on the league rules.

It's hard to believe that's tampering. Maybe it's some other rule and being called 'tampering' by the media as being a ballpark violation.
By the time Monty was hired, the communication time with teams that were still in the playoffs was over, unless you had previously requested.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Benjamin Albright was calling Gannon to the Cards for weeks before we hired him, word obviously leaked from somewhere if a radio guy from Denver was made aware.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I am in no mood for mitigating the sheer stupid coming out of this front office. Take that positive spin elsewhere, please.

And we’re going to trust this GM to
trade out of the spot where the generally regarded best player in the draft is to pick lower in what’s regarded as a bad draft?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media