Cardinals | Berry injury update

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Mon, 21 Aug 2006 14:08:30 -0700

Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports Arizona Cardinals DE Bertrand Berry (knee) will not play for the remainder of the preseason, even though an MRI performed on Berry's left knee was negative. Head coach Dennis Green is hoping to rest Berry to have him ready for the season opener Sept. 10, versus the San Francisco 49ers.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
imaCafan said:
Mon, 21 Aug 2006 14:08:30 -0700

Darren Urban, of the East Valley Tribune, reports Arizona Cardinals DE Bertrand Berry (knee) will not play for the remainder of the preseason, even though an MRI performed on Berry's left knee was negative. Head coach Dennis Green is hoping to rest Berry to have him ready for the season opener Sept. 10, versus the San Francisco 49ers.

Wow Green must be reading the board for suggestions.
Now if we can just get him to bench Step we'll know we're on to something.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good, this is what I was hoping to hear and what I hoped the Cards would do.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
imaCafan said:
an MRI performed on Berry's left knee was negative.

Best news of all. I had feared a Boldin-like "when we got in there, the injury was worse than we thought"

JC_AZ

JC_AZ
Reaction score
Now if we can just get Navarre to start bagging at Albertsons for the rest of the preseason, we will have a chance to see Davey and Holiday...even with NO REPS it would not surprise me if Holiday was an improvement for #3 as someone suggested in another post

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Wow Green must be reading the board for suggestions.
Now if we can just get him to bench Step we'll know we're on to something.

Yeah I saw your post.

Sad thing is, that had he been reading the board he would have seen mine, and some others, tyraids after the Dallas game (when Emmitt got hurt) a few years back. It was painfully obvious then that Step wasn't the answer at C.

Chainthroer

Registered
Reaction score
Definately good news!! The resting is good too, but I'd put him in there for a quarter in the last preseason game.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
Yeah I saw your post.

Sad thing is, that had he been reading the board he would have seen mine, and some others, tyraids after the Dallas game (when Emmitt got hurt) a few years back. It was painfully obvious then that Step wasn't the answer at C.

I have no idea who was first but I know I was complaining about Step during his rookie year because for a guy who was supposed to be extremely smart, it made no sense he couldn't do line calls or shotgun snap. I think we eventually cut him slack because it wasn't his fault he was starting before he was ready, that was a DG decision that has been beaten to death and I promise I won't mention he should not be named.

Step is a smart guy and works hard but to date I see no evidence he's getting any better as a player. He may know the linecalls etc but he still can't contain his man let alone get a push.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good news to hear defintally i'm sure Berry will be fired up and ready to play vs the 49ers in week 1 glad it wasnt anything serious hopefully. GO CARDS

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard