Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brighteyes and I are thinking of going ... virus allowing

What is it like there, anything we need to know about going to a game there

And I am wondering how easy it will be to get tickets

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I can't answer for the tickets or game-day experience, but it's a delightful city. Traffics tough. The stadium may be different, but I once wore a cards jersey while watching a game at a bar there (not against the Sea Chickens), and I got along well with the fans, with friendly banter.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Living in Portland, Oregon, I used to go to Seattle every year for the game. That stopped a few years ago. The Seahawk fans are just jerks nearly across the board. Even worse, they have no problem expressing their jerkdom. It's bad enough seeing a game there when the Cardinals are horrible. When they are decent to good, it was a nightmare. I was constantly harassed for my Cards gear.

Just throwing in my two cents. Other people could have very different experiences. Seattle is a great city, but their sports fans are generally intolerable.

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The tickets are very expensive in Seattle! It's cheaper for me to fly to Phoenix and see a game than drive to Seattle from Spokane. Seahawk fans are the worst Bandwagon fans I have ever seen. Since Russell Wilson was drafted they have attitudes like they are the Patriots.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I know there’s going to be a HUGE turnout for the Cowpies game! Probably 300-500 on the Birgang Travel Club

OP
OP
N

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Living in Portland, Oregon, I used to go to Seattle every year for the game. That stopped a few years ago. The Seahawk fans are just jerks nearly across the board. Even worse, they have no problem expressing their jerkdom. It's bad enough seeing a game there when the Cardinals are horrible. When they are decent to good, it was a nightmare. I was constantly harassed for my Cards gear.

Just throwing in my two cents. Other people could have very different experiences. Seattle is a great city, but their sports fans are generally intolerable.
We live in Portland as well, well Lake Oswego so almost Portland

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I know there’s going to be a HUGE turnout for the Cowpies game! Probably 300-500 on the Birgang Travel Club
I am going to try very hard to get the wife out to Dallas. We have family there, have wanted to go, and I think we can get to the Austin BBQ scene while we are out there.

Carolina and Dallas. That's my initial plan. Probably only one will happen though.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The tickets are very expensive in Seattle! It's cheaper for me to fly to Phoenix and see a game than drive to Seattle from Spokane. Seahawk fans are the worst Bandwagon fans I have ever seen. Since Russell Wilson was drafted they have attitudes like they are the Patriots.

I joke that they are called the 12s, because before the Super Bowl run there was only 12 of them.

I never saw a jersey or bumper sticker until Russell Wilson's rookie year when everyone jumped on the bandwagon.

Traffic will be at LA rush hour levels and the tickets are probably over double at the CLINK over the toaster.

Seahawks fans are obnoxious, but you arent in danger. Mostly good people, just annoying. I remember walking outside after Russell Wilson threw that pick in the Super Bowl and hearing screams of agony while I screamed out GO PATRIOTS at the top of lungs.

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
Dayman nailed it. Our experience in 2011 was that the Seattle fans were complete A-holes...much like Raider fans without the threat of violence. The majority of them would walk up to my wife & I and scream "Sea - Hawks" about 3 inches from our face constantly (And all we'd do is laugh and walk away). A few of their fans then would apologize for the obnoxious behavior of their brethren, but the majority are jerks and proudly wear their jerk-dom for all to see.

But the city is great...lots for an out-of-towner to do and lots of really great restaurants. Much more traffic then I thought there would be (primarily at rush hours though) and the drivers were very aggressive & rude-er than even a Jersey driver like me expected. But we had a blast there and would go back to visit for sure.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I joke that they are called the 12s, because before the Super Bowl run there was only 12 of them.

I never saw a jersey or bumper sticker until Russell Wilson's rookie year when everyone jumped on the bandwagon.

Traffic will be at LA rush hour levels and the tickets are probably over double at the CLINK over the toaster.

Seahawks fans are obnoxious, but you arent in danger. Mostly good people, just annoying. I remember walking outside after Russell Wilson threw that pick in the Super Bowl and hearing screams of agony while I screamed out GO PATRIOTS at the top of lungs.
Didn't they win a super bowl without Russel back when they had holmgren I think as the coach? Not sure who qb was but Shawn Alexander was rb

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk courtesy of puckhead

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Didn't they win a super bowl without Russel back when they had holmgren I think as the coach? Not sure who qb was but Shawn Alexander was rb

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk courtesy of puckhead

no the Steelers beat them

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score

Exactly, see the Patriots in about 5 years after Billicek retires the stadium will look like it's 1988 lol

OP
OP
N

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK this is beginning to look like a bad idea, I'm, not sure I would react well to being screamed at from 3" even before the virus.

Will punt and just go to Seattle for a few days

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I went to a game there years ago. Worst game I’ve ever been to in person. Max Hall started.

the fans were okay and the stadium noise I thought was overrated. Have heard much louder.

also thought Seattle, as a city, was overrated. Had some unique places but places libraries nothing special.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
As I also believe you once said, simply sit down while on the road and buy some beer for the opposing friends around you and they'll have your back lol

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
OK this is beginning to look like a bad idea, I'm, not sure I would react well to being screamed at from 3" even before the virus.

Will punt and just go to Seattle for a few days
parking in Downtown Seattle is a nightmare and expensive. I was there last year and had to pay $40 and that was just a normal day not game day.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
We've been to 21 or 22 different stadiums and have not any real trouble. The worst was opposing fans at SDS. We had season tickets there for about 9 or 10 years and I got more trouble there then any road games. We kicked a lot of ass in the north end zone.

Everyone said Philly is bad. We had no issues there either. Of course they were kicking the crap out of us, so they may have felt bad for us...

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It's fine dude. For all the out of state "12's" bluster about their ferocious defense of their home turf, the people of Seattle are perfectly polite most of the time. The game I went to there it was just friendly conversation along with the smug Seattle attitude. Buch of teddy bears, just teddy bears who think they are WAY better than everyone else based on where they live lol.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Eh, I've been to the upper deck of Philly's Vets stadium :)

Good thing we lost so bad, or it would probably have been worse than the constant swearing and beer throwing lol

I don't know stout. We didn't even encounter any bad stuff on the walk to the stadium. No different then our walk in Pittsburgh. I found Pittsburgh fans to be very friendly. Not like the ones that live in AZ. Philly fans get a bad rap cuz if the few drunkin idiots.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Eh, I've been to the upper deck of Philly's Vets stadium :)

Good thing we lost so bad, or it would probably have been worse than the constant swearing and beer throwing lol

I don't know stout. We didn't even encounter any bad stuff on the walk to the stadium. No different then our walk in Pittsburgh. I found Pittsburgh fans to be very friendly. Not like the ones that live in AZ. Philly fans get a bad rap cuz if the few drunkin idiots.

I was there once during a big Jake Plummer comeback. Great times making fun of Mike Mamula. My girlfriend (now wife) and I ran out of the stadium after the FG that won it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose