Cardinals at Seahawks gameday thread 10-16-22

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I wonder if the reason for that is Kyler is awful throwing on the run. He’s not good at that, at all.
The reason is because of how teams rush Kyler. You are rolling him right into the EDGE defender. Some of that is because teams don't require the backside edge player to crash down and support the cutback run. Also really tough to bootleg a QB out of the gun.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It frustrates me that if a player has a weakness it's still there years later. Surely that's something to work on all through the preseason(s). Turn it into a strength. Kyler should becoming a more rounded quarterback by now but he still has that 'rough diamond' feel.
This is what it looks like when your QB isn't self aware and doesn't see his own areas to improve.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The reason is because of how teams rush Kyler. You are rolling him right into the EDGE defender. Some of that is because teams don't require the backside edge player to crash down and support the cutback run. Also really tough to bootleg a QB out of the gun.
I would assume they’d run a boot under center.

Only problem with that is Mr. Transcendent doesn’t like playing under center.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
BS. You’re blind if you can’t see the problem is KK.
A problem is Kliff. Kyler is also a problem. Keim is another problem. As is Bidwill.

You are trying to pin Kyler's terrible play on Kliff. That is what is BS. Maybe Kyler should be working with someone other than his dad. Maybe Kyler should be self-diagnosing and working to improve his craft. You know, like a professional.

Kliff doesn't hold Kyler accountable and doesn't force him to do things like play under C. That is on Kliff. Kliff has some weird play calls at times. That is on Kliff. There is plenty of things to blame Kliff for, but Kyler's terrible play on the field is not one of them.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We hardly protect. The good teams protect, we almost never do. Without Murray, our OL would give up 10 sacks a game.

This is just nonsense excuse making. Kyler was well protected on the vast majority of his drop backs. He was much better protected than Geno Smith. Yet we scored 3 and they scored 19.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's getting tiring listening to people blame everything except the obvious.

"It's Kliff" or "It's the O line". It's all nonsense.

Kyler is playing like ass. He's one of the worst quarterbacks in the league. He's worse than Cooper Rush and Marcus Mariota. It's not even a question that he's worse than Geno Smith. He's the worst QB in the division and it's not even close.

It's obvious to see from watching and it's backed up in his stats.

What is Kliff supposed to do when his rock star is singing like Jerry the truck driver at Friday night karaoke?

It's exactly the same problem the Bucs and Packers are having. QB's they rely on to play at a certain level playing well below par. There is just nothing a head coach can do about it.

That's not to say Kliff is without blame. He has the same tendency towards boneheaded plays every now and again but that is exacerbated by him losing faith in Kyler.

Do you think Kliff's first instinct is to run it on 3rd and 3 if Kyler is playing well?

Kyler is so bad this year that the only QB's I can confidently say are worse are Trubisky, Fields and Mayfield. Russell Wilson is getting all the press for his bad play after a big trade but Kyler is just as bad. Yet he's somehow skating despite just demanding a top 3 contract.

Anyone blaming anything else is deluded. The only blame Kliff shares in this debacle is not holding him to account and being a weak man manager.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's getting tiring listening to people blame everything except the obvious.

"It's Kliff" or "It's the O line". It's all nonsense.

Kyler is playing like ass. He's one of the worst quarterbacks in the league. He's worse than Cooper Rush and Marcus Mariota. It's not even a question that he's worse than Geno Smith. He's the worst QB in the division and it's not even close.

It's obvious to see from watching and it's backed up in his stats.

What is Kliff supposed to do when his rock star is singing like Jerry the truck driver at Friday night karaoke?

It's exactly the same problem the Bucs and Packers are having. QB's they rely on to play at a certain level playing well below par. There is just nothing a head coach can do about it.

That's not to say Kliff is without blame. He has the same tendency towards boneheaded plays every now and again but that is exacerbated by him losing faith in Kyler.

Do you think Kliff's first instinct is to run it on 3rd and 3 if Kyler is playing well?

Kyler is so bad this year that the only QB's I can confidently say are worse are Trubisky, Fields and Mayfield. Russell Wilson is getting all the press for his bad play after a big trade but Kyler is just as bad. Yet he's somehow skating despite just demanding a top 3 contract.

Anyone blaming anything else is deluded. The only blame Kliff shares in this debacle is not holding him to account and being a weak man manager.
BS to place all of this on Kyler. Your man crush for Keim and KK is beyond ridiculous

All share blame. But Keim and KK deserves the lion’s share of blame for what’s going on

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BS to place all of this on Kyler. Your man crush for Keim and KK is beyond ridiculous

All share blame. But Keim and KK deserves the lion’s share of blame for what’s going on

This is just fake news.

I've said numerous times I want Keim gone. I've wrote a number of threads of the limitations of Kliff's offense.

I just don't feel the need to blame everything on them when the obvious problem is very clear for everyone to see.

Kliff is the same Kliff. This roster is no worse than last year. The only difference between that 11-6 team and this 2-4 teams is very clearly Kyler playing like ass.

WeBlitz

Rookie
Reaction score
This is just fake news.

I've said numerous times I want Keim gone. I've wrote a number of threads of the limitations of Kliff's offense.

I just don't feel the need to blame everything on them when the obvious problem is very clear for everyone to see.

Kliff is the same Kliff. This roster is no worse than last year. The only difference between that 11-6 team and this 2-4 teams is very clearly Kyler playing like ass.
It’s not fake news.

Every time someone criticized Keim and Kliff, you revert right back to “Kyler is ass”. News-check, we KNOW Kyler is playing like ass. That doesn’t absolve Keim, Kliff, and even Bidwill of their deficiencies.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Kyler is just plain sucking, and most of that has to be on him. Is Kliffy making him miss an open Hollywood for the first down? Is Keim forcing him to overthrow a wide open Ertz deep? I suppose Bidwill keeps him from hitting his dropback then getting the ball out on time? He's not being helped by the play calling, nor was he helped by Keim building this roster, but he has sucked quite a lot all on his own, too.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler is just plain sucking, and most of that has to be on him. Is Kliffy making him miss an open Hollywood for the first down? Is Keim forcing him to overthrow a wide open Ertz deep? I suppose Bidwill keeps him from hitting his dropback then getting the ball out on time? He's not being helped by the play calling, nor was he helped by Keim building this roster, but he has sucked quite a lot all on his own, too.

Exactly. I just don't get the self delusion.

He threw behind Ertz on a simple crosser for an easy 3rd down conversion that instead ended the drive. He missed a relatively easy pass to Ertz in the EZ he would have made easily last year. He under threw the INT to Hollywood that resulted in him getting injured.

And you can repeat these for every game.

If he makes stops it then we win and nobody is complaining about Kliff, Keim or Bidwill. It's that simple.

Nobody wins when your QB consistently plays this poorly.

See Denver. See Chicago. See Tampa and Green Bay struggles. See Steelers.

QB plays bad = offense plays bad. It's that simple.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BS. You’re blind if you can’t see the problem is KK.

It's not just KK, Kyler is a HUGE part of the problem. But you have to be realistic Kyler makes more in one year than Kliff does in his entire contract. We are NOT going to bench Kyler.

I'm almost back to what I was joking about in the offseason, Dak comes back sucks for Dallas they go into the offseason we have a high pick take a QB and trade Kyler to Dallas for picks. But that's not happening for the same reason, they paid Dak too much to move on from him already and take on Kylers' contract.

When we gave Kyler that contract we committed to him for at least a few more years, there's just no way around it.

So you have to try and fix Kyler Murray and it's clear Kliff can't do it.