Cardinals at Patriots gameday thread 11-29-20

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You can pick up a big back late or in FA. The Bears used the Fridge for gods sake. You can’t tell me we don’t have a big body who can get a half yard as a fullback.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Isiah simmons person foul was horrible
He was in bounds
Shoulders hit
General consensus seems to be that that was a bad call. I don't really know the rules well enough to add my opinion however...

Is that the right way to look at it?

Or does Simmons need to coached: Don't give the referee an opportunity to make that call, given that Newton was OOB with or without that hit

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know why but the look of Kyler pouting half the game just bothers me. If the offense is having a tough day step up and demand more. I don’t think I’ve seen him go up and down the offensive side of the bench and encourage or rip into anyone except one time, which was the Game where our TE Daniels played bad. I know he’s somewhat an introvert but he needs to get out of his zone and become a leader. We missed Fitz today for sure

if he played for another team, people here would be all over him the way they used to be over Cam pouting.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
General consensus seems to be that that was a bad call. I don't really know the rules well enough to add my opinion however...

Or does Simmons need to coached: Don't give the referee an opportunity to make that call, given that Newton was OOB with or without that hit
In the future Simmons should let up and shouldn’t hit the QB because there’s a magical bubble only Refs can see when it comes to the QB. They’re instructed to protect the QB above all else because they’re what makes the NFL money and are vulnerable more times then not. Newton was clearly in bounds and was hit legally by Simmons, but if there’s ever a doubt on a flag like that on a hit on a QB, it’ll be flagged every time

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

The rules are skewed toward defending the marquee QBs from injury. Simmons needs to play with controlled aggression. When a QB is running towards out-of-bounds and is inches from crossing the sideline----well, you pull up and don't hammer the guy into the bleachers. Cam was surrendering on the play in the same way that a QB into his slide is calling an end to forward progress. Simmons need to play tackle football and not spear-fishing with a helmet. Simmon's play is the kind of thing that will get KM hammered---the Pat's D will have to defend Cam by taking it out on our QB. If Simmons put on the brakes and held his arms out to cushion the blow to Cam, he probably wouldn't have gotten that 15-yard killer penalty. Or maybe he would have considering it was contact on a starting QB.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You can pick up a big back late or in FA. The Bears used the Fridge for gods sake. You can’t tell me we don’t have a big body who can get a half yard as a fullback.

I know he’s injured but I would use Fotu, he played rugby as a number 8. So will be a good ball carrier with a bit of pace

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1st downs: Cards 23 to Patriots 16

Passing yards: 160 to 69

Rushing yards: 138 to 110

Sacks conceded: 2 to 3

Penalties: 6 to 6

Interceptions thrown: 1 to 2

And lost sheesh

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Do we win that game with Fitzgerald out there?

I know his numbers aren't anything amazing this season but he strikes me as overwhelmingly positive presence, always believing we can win, not getting down about mistakes. Body language screams winner.

We have a tendency to get negative, get frustrated and go into our shells when things go wrong. Sometimes the 'wise old heads' can prevent younger team mates from falling into those emotional ups and downs.

I know we've lost some games disappointingly this season even when he's been there but just watching today it felt like we lacked some leadership.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
if he played for another team, people here would be all over him the way they used to be over Cam pouting.
Weird.

Watching the Bucs game and I've seen the Undisputed GOAT look unhappy or "Pouting" on the sidelines.

This stuff only matters when you dont win I guess. Aaron Rodgers is known for this as well.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else been incredibly underwhelmed by Murray’s passing game this season? I don’t know if it’s Coach Dingsbury’s play design or Kyler’s ability in the pocket but man, this 4 yard and cloud of penalties passing game is painfully mediocre.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Do we win that game with Fitzgerald out there?

I know his numbers aren't anything amazing this season but he strikes me as overwhelmingly positive presence, always believing we can win, not getting down about mistakes. Body language screams winner.

We have a tendency to get negative, get frustrated and go into our shells when things go wrong. Sometimes the 'wise old heads' can prevent younger team mates from falling into those emotional ups and downs.

I know we've lost some games disappointingly this season even when he's been there but just watching today it felt like we lacked some leadership.

Yes we win with Larry out there. Even his precense on the sidelines helps.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone else been incredibly underwhelmed by Murray’s passing game this season? I don’t know if it’s Coach Dingsbury’s play design or Kyler’s ability in the pocket but man, this 4 yard and cloud of penalties passing game is painfully mediocre.
It’s a one read offense and meant to get the ball out quickly. Kyler throws a beautiful deep ball, but at this point I don’t know if it’s the playcalling or the QB. I see Nuke with 5 yard stops, Kirk with 7 yard outs, AI stand in the flat, and Fitz covers the middle more often then not though.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Weird.

Watching the Bucs game and I've seen the Undisputed GOAT look unhappy or "Pouting" on the sidelines.

This stuff only matters when you dont win I guess. Aaron Rodgers is known for this as well.
Some players seem to be able to put mistakes behind them and carry on unaffected, even if angry/annoyed/disappointed initially.

Others carry the frustration with them into the next play(s).

I actually reckon Kyler bounces back ok for what it's worth. The only thing I haven't liked from him this season is when he has glared at receivers, almost to make sure everyone is aware that they were at fault, not him. Also there was one early this season where Hopkins had to publicly clarify on behalf of Kyler that he'd run the wrong route, it wasn't a bad pass.

Would prefer that it's more a "we" offense. Succeed together, own mistakes together. Isolating who was responsible for a breakdown an internal process, not for the public's eyes/ears.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s a one read offense and meant to get the ball out quickly. Kyler throws a beautiful deep ball, but at this point I don’t know if it’s the playcalling or the QB. I see Nuke with 5 yard stops, Kirk with 7 yard outs, AI stand in the flat, and Fitz covers the middle more often then not though.

we threw the ball downfield ONCE today. How do keep a defense from playing up and limiting short passes if you never threaten deep?

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
When they put pressure up the middle and contain on the outside he can not run outside or complete passes over the middle without them getting deflected or sailing it.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This might be wishful thinking on my part but it's seemed like we are trying to keep a few things up the sleeve

Deep passes
Targeting Hopkins a high percentage of times
More designed running plays for the QB

There are games where we've seemingly deliberately ignored this stuff.

Get to the playoffs... then unleash!

[/blind optimism]

Gotta make em first of course

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Weird.

at least you see Brady rip someone’s ass once in awhile. Kyler needs to get out of his little bubble and give his offense a kick in the ass from time to time. You can’t sit there and pout EVERYTIME just like you can’t scream all the time. He needs to pick his spots to be vocal and he’s not doing that

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
we threw the ball downfield ONCE today. How do keep a defense from playing up and limiting short passes if you never threaten deep?
Absolutely agree. We actually established the run today and ran very few play-action off of it. It was as if we game planned in august for a late November game in Foxborough thinking there would be rain/snow/wind something to slow us down, when really it was just us

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Honestly I think I can count on my hands the number of plays I’ve seen to Hop that weren’t 5-10 yard outs. It’s embarrassing.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson