Cardinals at Niners gameday thread 11-17-19

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
question:

Emmanuel Sanders looks like he will play today

he has very sore ribs ( dislocated cartilage)

Would it be Greg Williams-esque for a coach to point out that injury, and instruct players to take every opportunity to target his ribs with every tackle (assuming cleanly, within the play, etc)?

Last edited:

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
The Niners will come to play this time. Even if the Cards lose a close one it’s a step forward, but I’m worried.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's go cards! If ever there was a time to beat them this is it no kittle or sanders just hope samuel doesn't go crazy....

Rise up cards!

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Matt Maiocco (@MaioccoNBCS)
11/17/19, 7:42 AM
The #49ers do not expect to have the services of:

TE George Kittle (knee, ankle)
RB Matt Breida (ankle)
K Robbie Gould (right quadriceps)
LT Joe Staley (finger)
NT D.J. Jones (groin)
LB Azeez Al-Shaair (concussion)

So there are six of their seven inactive players.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
question:

Emmanuel Sanders looks like he will play today

he has very sore ribs ( dislocated cartilage)

Would it be Greg Williams-esque for a coach to point out that injury, and instruct players to take every opportunity to target his ribs with every tackle (assuming cleanly, within the play, etc)?

Well, where else would you like for them or instruct them to hit him, the head (no no), the legs?
Personally , tell them to go for it, legitimately. :D

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We were able to keep Bosa at bay most of last game. Interested to see if we can repeat that formula or if SF adjusts a bit to try to get him rolling. I can't remember how we were dealing with him? We were winning one on one or was he double teamed a lot, or just running plays designed to negate the pass rush?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 49ers will go into this game determined to stop our run game.

remember the first Drake run the last time we played them. I would line up the same way and play action off of that. Guarantee it will be wide open.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We were able to keep Bosa at bay most of last game. Interested to see if we can repeat that formula or if SF adjusts a bit to try to get him rolling. I can't remember how we were dealing with him? We were winning one on one or was he double teamed a lot, or just running plays designed to negate the pass rush?

Well, knowing our offensive line and his pass rushing ability, I seriously doubt it was #1, but, I'm just guessing as I don't remember or know:).