Cardinals at Niners gameday thread 1-8-23

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals can use a new owner, GM and head coach. I know one can't get everything but two out of three ain't bad.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Throwing out two 2nd round picks...still not disproving my point!
Not gonna lie I don’t know your point . I was assuming :-\

However a Mr irrelevant and a 4th rd pick probably doesn’t help your point ?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe you can name three of them because it’s easier to remember anomalies. Just a hunch.
There are plenty more. I was just saying we reached by using the top pick on a QB because it is not necessary to find a solid QB. Kyler is such an albatross around this franchise’s neck.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's always "what have you done lately." And fans are almost always wrong.
Jesus. Great example of someone literally unable to admit he was wrong as you were amongst those bashing Ouchie for his opinion.

You might be almost always wrong, AJ. That doesn’t mean everyone else is.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jesus. Great example of someone literally unable to admit he was wrong as you were amongst those bashing Ouchie for his opinion.

You might be almost always wrong, AJ. That doesn’t mean everyone else is.
I did have fun mocking Garappolo and you didn't read "and fans are almost always wrong". Which completed my post. I don't remember slamming Shanahan. But, if I did, who cares? I don't. But for some reason, you guys do for something happening over a year ago. What does it matter?

Besides, nothing said about Shanahan here comes close to how mean Niners fans have been to him since the Super Bowl loss. right up to this winning streak this season. Go to their boards and look for yourself.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are plenty more. I was just saying we reached by using the top pick on a QB because it is not necessary to find a solid QB. Kyler is such an albatross around this franchise’s neck.
You might not know this(well, it’s clear you don’t), but you also have to have to have a good & healthy coaching staff/supporting cast that actually possesses talent to go far in this league.

You should probably lay off the boomer mindset once in a while.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am sure @BritCard will defend them tho.

Shrug

From the Rodney Hudson thread. I can't think of a person here who didn't like the move and I'm not sure how anyone, including Keim, could crystal ball his injuries after an injury free career.

This is where Keim is good. He makes great trades and this is a great trade.

It doesn't make the AJ Green deal is suddenly good.

It doesn't change his draft history.

But Keim makes really good trades and no one can really argue differently.

I don't really see a world where we don't trade back from 16 at this point.

I am curious to see if they trade Pugh in response to this move.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Shrug

From the Rodney Hudson thread. I can't think of a person here who didn't like the move and I'm not sure how anyone, including Keim, could crystal ball his injuries after an injury free career.
I liked it at the time, too, but it turned out to be a horrendous trade. We are not paid to make these decisions. Keim is/was. Perhaps he should have done his due diligence when the rumblings were out there that Hudson wanted released and not traded.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I liked it at the time, too, but it turned out to be a horrendous trade. We are not paid to make these decisions. Keim is/was. Perhaps he should have done his due diligence when the rumblings were out there that Hudson wanted released and not traded.

Why? I don't buy the idea that Hudson has been phoning it in. If you go back to early 2021 posts there is nothing but praise for Hudson and the difference he made to the O line.

He got injured. That's it. It was bad luck. But I don't for a minute think there was anything to see before the trade that would change the outcome.

We liked the trade. Keim liked the trade. Everyone liked the trade. He just got injured. Not everything needs someone to blame.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Why? I don't buy the idea that Hudson has been phoning it in. If you go back to early 2021 posts there is nothing but praise for Hudson and the difference he made to the O line.

He got injured. That's it. It was bad luck. But I don't for a minute think there was anything to see before the trade that would change the outcome.

We liked the trade. Keim liked the trade. Everyone liked the trade. He just got injured. Not everything needs someone to blame.
Mm, but that wasn't it. We were praising him despite snap problems because the OL was working at the time. He has also been a part of the decline in both seasons, including being a complete nonentity this season. Dude certainly hasn't been worth the trade/pick. Counting on him at all this season wasn't bad luck; it was bad planning.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose