Cardinals acquire RT Marcus Gilbert

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
On last year of his contract. 6.6M cap hit. (Not sure if the Steelers absorb some of that. I think they eat the 1.7M dead money and we’re on the hook for 4.9M). Stop gap at RT this year I’m sure. (Just turned 31). Solid trade if he can stay healthy. (The if he can stay healthy thing seems to be with all of our OL)

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I want to get excited about this move but definitely seems past his prime with his age and the injuries...Here’s hoping he ends up worth more than a 6th rounder.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I like it, get him for 1yr $4.9, we can probably do an "1y extension" that converts that to all bonus to spread it out if needed. I think he's a better stopgap at RT then Barksdale would be until we see what we have in Cunningham.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
On last year of his contract. 6.6M cap hit. (Not sure if the Steelers absorb some of that). Stop gap at RT this year I’m sure. (Just turned 31). Solid trade if he can stay healthy. (The if he can stay healthy thing seems to be with all of our OL)

He'll cost the Cards $4.9M.

You have to be concerned with his injury history but a 1 year deal at a decent price all for a late pick I think it is a reasonable gamble

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
wouldn`t it just have been smarter to re-sign Barksdale? Might have been cheaper.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
IF (a big IF) he can give us 12+ games and Korey Cunningham (or a mid-round draftee) can continue to develop he is a good bridge guy at the position.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
My only concern is with Humphries, Pugh, and now Gilbert, what is the likelihood of having another street free agent constructed O-Line by week 8?

I think the GOOD thing about trading for Gilbert is that the team does have one good young tackle prospect in Korey Kunningham and this allows him not to have to start right off the bat.

I would still love to see the team sign Trent Brown and get rid of Humphries. It will burn a lot of the cap space but it would set the team up for the future.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the GOOD thing about trading for Gilbert is that the team does have one good young tackle prospect in Korey Kunningham and this allows him not to have to start right off the bat.

I would still love to see the team sign Trent Brown and get rid of Humphries. It will burn a lot of the cap space but it would set the team up for the future.

Go to PFF and check Brown's pass pro numbers.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose