Cardinal History

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Now that was a fun game! ‘Lectric Leland, Larry Centers (perhaps my all-time favorite Cardinal), Jamir Miller, Eric Swann, Kevin Butler…wow. That team almost squeaked into the postseason (probably would have too if they weren’t beaten by the 1-15 Jets). Great stuff!

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That was my first year as A Cardinal fan. We were damn good too. We finished 9-3-2, and the ties kept us from winning the division. We went 5-0-1 down the stretch & were as good as anyone. The 10-10 tie in November with the Giants was a muddy mess & it cost us the division & maybe more. The Giants were a 2-10-2 team & wouldn’t have been remotely in that game if not for the weather conditions. We had some really good teams in the 60’s, but no wildcards then & the Browns were loaded.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That was my first year as A Cardinal fan. We were damn good too. We finished 9-3-2, and the ties kept us from winning the division. We went 5-0-1 down the stretch & were as good as anyone. The 10-10 tie in November with the Giants was a muddy mess & it cost us the division & maybe more. The Giants were a 2-10-2 team & wouldn’t have been remotely in that game if not for the weather conditions. We had some really good teams in the 60’s, but no wildcards then & the Browns were loaded.
Love the fact that you remember the weather. Those games we played in the NFC East were brutal!

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Love the fact that you remember the weather. Those games we played in the NFC East were brutal!
That was my first year watching the NFL & I absorbed every minute of it. I lived in Syracuse, NY, so every Giant game was on TV. I remember what a mess that game was. And I’m pretty sure the game was in St. Louis too. The Cardinals had GREAT OLines all through the 60’s & 70’s. If the Cardinals had those OL’s during the Whiz & BA years, we would have won a couple of SB’s.

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
"then Larry Centers for a TD w/:05 left to beat ATL 29-26 but LOSE 1st overall pick (P. Manning)"

Such a Cardinals thing to do! We did the exact same thing vs Vikings to lose out on the other Manning.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Remember that season so well. Our normally strong OL was decimated by injuries & Lomax was sacked liked 50 times that year. Hanifan was a decent HC, but never had another opportunity as a HC. With the exception of Coryell, once you failed in St. Louis, you never got another chance.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That ‘85 season was an ugly, painful mess, especially so after the agonizing near-miss of the postseason by that high flying ‘84 team. A huge disappointment.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose