Cardinal History

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
64 was my first year following the Cardinals. Started watching them after my beloved baseball Cardinals beat the hated Yankees in the 64 WS.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
Holiway was our HC then & he was the DC for the Vikings during their Purple People Eaters days. He was an awful HC, as our offense was pitiful. He was replaced by Coryell in 73 & then our offense boomed.
I remember being psyched up to see this team against the Eagles the day after my 11th birthday. I even got my father to return home a day early from a weekend camping trip so I could watch it on TV. Alas, the game was blacked out and I had to find it on AM radio. Jim Bakken missed a chip shot field goal in the end that would have given us the win.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I remember being psyched up to see this team against the Eagles the day after my 11th birthday. I even got my father to return home a day early from a weekend camping trip so I could watch it on TV. Alas, the game was blacked out and I had to find it on AM radio. Jim Bakken missed a chip shot field goal in the end that would have given us the win.
The brutal life of a Cardinal fan!