Cardinal History

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
Along with the Chicago Bears, the Cardinals are the only other founding member left in the NFL. Years of futility ensued, except for 1947 when they won their only NFL Championship. You are probably in an assisted care facility if as a fan, you remember the Chicago Cardinals winning that Championship. It's been 75 years and two relocations since the Chicago Cardinals won. I saw a meme, mocking this fact and it kind of hit me where I live. Could I have remained a fan of a team through all of that? I call myself LoyalRam because I endured the various relocations, like some of you did. I endured the many losing Rams teams, of which the disappointment is very dim now after last year. But the Rams had 7 straight NFC West Championships in the 70's. They played in five Super Bowls and won two of them. The Rams even won two NFL Championships before the Super Bowl era.

75 years of almost nothing is stunning.

For the handful of original Chicago Cardinal fans, who never waivered in their support, you have my undying respect. I don't think I could have done it before stopping being a fan of the NFL, because I couldn't have switched teams.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Along with the Chicago Bears, the Cardinals are the only other founding member left in the NFL. Years of futility ensued, except for 1947 when they won their only NFL Championship. You are probably in an assisted care facility if as a fan, you remember the Chicago Cardinals winning that Championship. It's been 75 years and two relocations since the Chicago Cardinals won. I saw a meme, mocking this fact and it kind of hit me where I live. Could I have remained a fan of a team through all of that? I call myself LoyalRam because I endured the various relocations, like some of you did. I endured the many losing Rams teams, of which the disappointment is very dim now after last year. But the Rams had 7 straight NFC West Championships in the 70's. They played in five Super Bowls and won two of them. The Rams even won two NFL Championships before the Super Bowl era.

75 years of almost nothing is stunning.

For the handful of original Chicago Cardinal fans, who never waivered in their support, you have my undying respect. I don't think I could have done it before stopping being a fan of the NFL, because I couldn't have switched teams.
I’ve been a Cardinal fan since 1963, so I missed out being a Chicago Cardinal fan by 3 years

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seriously, respect.

I've been a Rams fan since 1969, so I'm a newbee fan compared to you!
FWIW, I loved the Rams during the Roman Gabriel and then later Warner years. When the Cardinals were in the NFC East, I would always root for the Rams when they were both in LA & St. Louis.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave