Can you be a Card fan and despise Denny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vomit Boy

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Is it OK to have absolutely no respect for a man who is notorious for being a self promoter without producing any results?

I will remain a Cardinal fan, despite Denny Green. Because the game is bigger than that egomaniac.

I can tell you this...Mr. Bidwill is very nervous about what is going on with his team. In the same way that the Buddy Ryan thing imploded on him.

Denny Green did not take this job to take the Cardinals to the promised land. He took it to pad his personal portfolio.

I don't like Denny Green. I never will. Because I know the spirit and karma that good people generate in life.

Denny Green is not one of those people.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
Dennis Green was a gift from the football gods to Arizona football fans.

I like everything he's doing.

The only way for Denny to pad his personal portfolio, would be to actually take us to the promised land.

OP
OP
V

Vomit Boy

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
I don't see what the problem is.

I have never seen a bigger mountain made from a smaller mole hill.
The man has a very uneven past.

He had the audacity to threaten the ownership of Minnesota because they fired him. And did a veiled racial thing.

He also had some personal issues that were "hidden" when most of us would face charges.

Just food for thought. That's all

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Vomit Boy said:
The man has a very uneven past.

He had the audacity to threaten the ownership of Minnesota because they fired him. And did a veiled racial thing.

He also had some personal issues that were "hidden" when most of us would face charges.

Just food for thought. That's all

So does Darnell Dockett....are you going to get all over him? To keep bringing up someone's past, especially when he hasn't done anything egregiously bad seems pretty silly to me.

OP
OP
V

Vomit Boy

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
ASUCHRIS said:
So does Darnell Dockett....are you going to get all over him? To keep bringing up someone's past, especially when he hasn't done anything egregiously bad seems pretty silly to me.
Chris,

I'm not bringing up his past.

I'm bringing up who Dennis Green is today.

And has been for a long time.

OP
OP
V

Vomit Boy

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
I don't see what the problem is.

I have never seen a bigger mountain made from a smaller mole hill.
Appently you are unaware of the things that have been reported in Denny Green's Minnesota past?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Vomit Boy said:
Appently you are unaware of the things that have been reported in Denny Green's Minnesota past?

Uh, Tango's given us his biography about eight times. Of all the things wrong with this team, Green is near the bottom of the list.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Vomit Boy said:
I'm well aware of his past.
I'm also aware that he hasn't done anything wrong here at all, and until he does, if he does, he gets a fair shake from this Cardinal fan.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASUCHRIS said:

It DOES depend on your definition of what's bad though.

VB is slightly wrong, Green threatened Minnesota BEFORE he was fired(technically quit with 1 game left), threatened to sue because he wanted part ownership, said he would file a racial discrimination suit, it's all in Green's own book.

The covered up stuff VB mentions I assume is the list of sexual harassment cases filed against Denny over the years. I think there were 3 in Minnesota, when the last one came out a woman in Palo Alto, CA came out and said the same thing happened to me when he was the coach at Stanford, but I decided not to formally complain because I didn't want to make waves. Now that I see 10 years later he's still doing it, I wish I'd complained. Turns out 2 women DID complain formally while Green was at Stanford, and it turned out when he was at Northwestern, he had at least one formal complaint filed against him there.

So we're talking 6 or 7 women over his college and pro head coaching career.
There's a lot of things about him personally I dislike but I don't think that part of him is all that unusual in coaching. God if you knew how many women complained about Jim Harrick at Pepperdine, UCLA and Rhode Island I think it would stun you, well over 10.

OP
OP
V

Vomit Boy

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
ASUCHRIS said:
Uh, Tango's given us his biography about eight times. Of all the things wrong with this team, Green is near the bottom of the list.
I'll spot you Barry Switzer.

Now name all the rest of the Super Bowl winning coaches throughout history that are of the "Dennis Green ilk"

None! Nada! Zero! Zippo!

The rest of every Super Bowl winning coach has been of impecable moral fiber, beyond reproach in his outlook on life and never been subjected to the slings and arrows that Denny will always be.

Coincidence? I think not!

CHAPTER 7

Registered
Reaction score
I agree with Lex. We have to change the mentality of the players. Mac was a great guy but I don't think he got the players to play their best. The players has to lose the club house mentality.

OP
OP
V

Vomit Boy

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lex said:
Buddy Ryan was a gift from the football gods to Arizona football fans.

I like everything he's doing.

The only way for Buddy to pad his personal portfolio, would be to actually take us to the promised land.
Word

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Vomit Boy said:

Now name all the rest of the Super Bowl winning coaches throughout history that are of the "Dennis Green ilk"

None! Nada! Zero! Zippo!

The rest of every Super Bowl winning coach has been of impecable moral fiber, beyond reproach in his outlook on life and never been subjected to the slings and arrows that Denny will always be.

So your argument is that Dennis Green will never be a super bowl winning coach because he has had some off the field incidents? This argument becomes more ridiculous by the minute....

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Vomit Boy said:
Are you positive about that? Because I don't think you can be.

Some people will always be subject to slings & arrows because some people will always shoot them.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
You know what?

About the only thing that really pisses me off, is when people change a quote of mine, and make it look like that's what I said.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
Are you positive about that? Because I don't think you can be.

Some people will always be subject to slings & arrows because some people will always shoot them.

Comeon, nobody ever accused Jimmy JOhnson of being a bad guy, never.
The man is a saint.

OP
OP
V

Vomit Boy

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lex said:
You know what?

About the only thing that really pisses me off, is when people change a quote of mine, and make it look like that's what I said.
You are a better man than me, then. If that's the only thing that pisses you off, you lead a charmed life.

For some bizzarre reason, I get jacked up when somebody steals my identity and runs up $50,000 in credit card charges.

Go figure.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
VB I don't have to like the guy but if the guy produce a W I can stomach the ego and his mind games.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
VB-

Here's a little free advise:

Get a credit card or two, charge up a little, then don't pay them.

No one will be able to steal your identity and get credit in your name ever again.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vomit Boy said:

None! Nada! Zero! Zippo!

Bill Parcels?! Name on team in Parcells has coached that still lvoes him? The Pats hate him because he was more worried about himself than he was about them during the Super Bowl, he totally screwed over the Jets and he totally screwed over the Bucs as well.

OP
OP
V

Vomit Boy

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
Bill Parcels?! Name on team in Parcells has coached that still lvoes him? The Pats hate him because he was more worried about himself than he was about them during the Super Bowl, he totally screwed over the Jets and he totally screwed over the Bucs as well.
You know when they picked sand lot baseball teams when you were a kid?

I can see why Chris Sanders said you are the right fielder of this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard