Can the Texans back out?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yes they can, but won't imo. Bad look as others have said in this thread. The Texans know this draft is deep at WR & now have two 2nd round picks to replace him.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Not unless they want Shane to unretire from the LVPD & come arrest everyone in the organization for robbery, embezzlement, larceny & possession of stolen goods. :mrgreen:

That hard ass would throw the book at them lol

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I am sure Hopkins would be great in the locker room if they backed out. You can’t undo a move like that

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's unlikely either team will back out of the trade unless one of the players has an unknown or unreported injury.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If DJ didn't want to go, he could fake an injury or something, but he wants this reboot as much as anyone. The Texans' offense is actually the best place for him. There or Tampa. He could legitimately revitalize his career.
His 2nd and 3rd years were blown to injury. Then came the Wilks/McCoy fiasco. His style doesn't really fit Kingsbury's run n' gun. He's made for the tackle-zone offense, which O'Brien runs. I wish him the best.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
No way they can back out......

Players have said their goodbyes...... Other players have already commented........ Hands have been shook.

This is ovah!

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Texans just signed free agent WR Randall Cobb. I'm sure O'Brien is telling everyone he will replace Hopkins. I know that is ridiculous but makes me think for sure that he won't back out as he has picked up another WR.

Randall Cobb to Houston...
Quote Tweet

You must be registered for see images attach

James Jones
@89JonesNTAF
· 8h
The #Texans have agreed to terms with WR @rcobb18 on a 3-year $27M deal with $18.75 guaranteed #Texans @nflnetwork

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Love Randall Cobb. Watched his entire career at Kentucky. Very talented but he's getting old. He's no Hopkins but a body at WR with a few good yrs left. They will use our 2nd round pick on another WR imo.

He isn't half the player hopkins is.

They are over paying, this again just shows Obrien is incompetent.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He isn't half the player hopkins is.

They are over paying, this again just shows Obrien is incompetent.
I wasn't saying he's Hopkins but he's always been talented. Played multiple positions at UK. Never was more talented than Hopkins even in the beginning of his career. Just a body with a little bit left in the tank at this point of his career.

PlanoCard

Rookie
Reaction score
Living in Texas like I do, I have many friends that are Texan fans. They are all livid about the trade. All I can do is thank them.

I heard a stat on ESPN Radio this morning that Hopkins didn't drop one single pass for the season. They kept repeating that. Not. One. Single. Drop!