Can the Texans back out?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yes they can, but won't imo. Bad look as others have said in this thread. The Texans know this draft is deep at WR & now have two 2nd round picks to replace him.

It's funny to read fans talk about using picks to replace Hopkins. The chances that any draft pick even remotely approaches his level of accomplishment and production are pretty slim.

This really good receiver class...the vast majority of these guys might not even make to a second contract.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe the Texans trade with us to move up to #8 to draft Jeudy/Lamb and we get their 1st and back the 2nd we just traded to them. :biglaugh:

They don't have a first, and don't have one next year either.

O'Brien has gutted the teams future.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Living in Texas like I do, I have many friends that are Texan fans. They are all livid about the trade. All I can do is thank them.

I heard a stat on ESPN Radio this morning that Hopkins didn't drop one single pass for the season. They kept repeating that. Not. One. Single. Drop!
That is huge!

Not one drop?

After all the heart breaking drops we have endured this is a great stat.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Less likely to back out than DJ miraculously fails his physical

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We benched dj before he could hurt himself.

so unless he has been riding dirt bikes in the off season.....

I didn't say he'd actually fail, but they will find a mole they don't like or a hang nail.

Joking of course

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's funny to read fans talk about using picks to replace Hopkins. The chances that any draft pick even remotely approaches his level of accomplishment and production are pretty slim.

This really good receiver class...the vast majority of these guys might not even make to a second contract.
I didn't mean replace him as in equal value, although you never know, Antonio Brown came out of nowhere, late round pick. I just meant the Texans thinking imo. Having two 2nd rd picks (40 & 57) they can at least get a WR or two with those picks.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I didn't mean replace him as in equal value, although you never know, Antonio Brown came out of nowhere, late round pick. I just meant the Texans thinking imo. Having two 2nd rd picks (40 & 57) they can at least get a WR or two with those picks.

Didnt mean to imply you did, was just making a general observation.

The right way to move on from a guy like Hopkins would be to draft the guy THIS year and let him get seasoning before you move on. That way if the guy doesnt work out, you can sign a veteran the next year.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am still shocked..

I mean DJ, 2nd and 4th for Nuk would have been a great deal for us already but did SK really had the nerves to just sit there staring at BO’B and say nope I will not do this unless you throw in a 4th..

Thats like going to the dealership with Toyota Prius money and they offer you a Lambo for the same price and you tell them no deal unless they throw on aftermarket wheels..

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Didnt mean to imply you did, was just making a general observation.

The right way to move on from a guy like Hopkins would be to draft the guy THIS year and let him get seasoning before you move on. That way if the guy doesnt work out, you can sign a veteran the next year.
Totally understand. The Texans may be able to trade into the latter part of the first round by packaging picks 40 & 57?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson