Call came in for D Hop at the trade deadline

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

curious if anything substantive was offered, but almost regardless of compensation that would have been waving the white flag by the FO

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It shows you how other organizations think of us. The see us as a non- contender.

It does but it also IMO made sense. He was suspended so nobody knew when he came back was he going to be great or just so so. When it was obvious he was great and we're sitting 3-5 it just made sense for other teams to at least ask.

Not sure what it would have taken for me to trade him, would have had to be a first round pick and probably more he's just so valuable to this offense.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It does but it also IMO made sense. He was suspended so nobody knew when he came back was he going to be great or just so so. When it was obvious he was great and we're sitting 3-5 it just made sense for other teams to at least ask.

Not sure what it would have taken for me to trade him, would have had to be a first round pick and probably more he's just so valuable to this offense.
IMO a 1st and a 2nd

Or a 1st and a DT or OL

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Defense is gassed and cant make a stop. Offense is well just Kliffy

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
IMO a 1st and a 2nd

Or a 1st and a DT or OL
No one is going to give that for Hopkins. McCaffery went for a second, third and fourth-round draft picks in next year's 2023 NFL Draft, in addition to a fifth-round pick from 2024.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
DHop probably not happy he wasn't traded. He looked really disgusted at Murray today.
He should be unhappy about play calling. Last week he said the play call was good. He might have a different tune this week and I don’t blame him. He should be first read on 90% of the pass plays. Yet Kyler doesn’t even look his way, which leads me to believe the play call is elsewhere

Reactions: TRW

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There is no correct move with us..

We should have traded him for draft picks but then we can't draft for crap.

We should have traded him for players but then we can't develop or utilize players to their strength.

I given up and just watch the games now. There seems to be no right moves for us. Sigh..

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
There is no correct move with us..

We should have traded him for draft picks but then we can't draft for crap.

We should have traded him for players but then we can't develop or utilize players to their strength.

I given up and just watch the games now. There seems to be no right moves for us. Sigh..
Sadly, this is where I'm at.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
You do not trade a stud like D-Hop whose game makes him significant for probably another five years when there is legit talent around him, you kick the coach and the GM to the curb when they cannot maximize that talent... no one should trade someone who is not the problem, but part of the solution, when you do not have an expansion roster

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson