Caleb Williams interview on Kliff and the Cardinals.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Matt Leinart was a #1 pick....but chose to go back to USC...it went well, but he still dropped to 10 in the draft.

if a guy is projected to go top 3...he is a damned fool to stay in college. sure he is making a couple mil... but the rookie slot is more...and if he actually plays well...in three years he is going to get a 300 million extension that includes a one time check for about 80 million.

but yeah...go back to college, keep making your 2mil...and get your throwing shoulder crushed in a meaningless non conference game by some dude who is trying to get noticed by scouts. smart decision.
POTY

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I read it as him saying the Cards are a horrible organization. Reality is the worst record gets the 1st pick. Granted, it could be traded for a boatload.
Where is the lie

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have zero issue with any player, college or otherwise, who said they did not want to play for the Cardinals based upon our recent history. It is up to the Cardinals to change that perception.
Same.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah I don't buy it either. To the second quote of your post, Kyler struggled BECAUSE of the team he went to? They brought in a HC and built that offense around him. They literally tried to duplicate a college ball offense and we all know how that worked out.
Yeah, particularly when you have a coach who barely made it out of a special ed football program....never like the guy never will and when you do some checking, Kyler was surely not a fan...maybe Caleb's dad needs to have a chat with Kyler to see what a few years under KK's wing will yield

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have zero issue with any player, college or otherwise, who said they did not want to play for the Cardinals based upon our recent history. It is up to the Cardinals to change that perception.
Same, but I would assume the pressure would increase on him to be successful especially after what Burrow & Lawrence has done with dysfunctional organizations at their times.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Same, but I would assume the pressure would increase on him to be successful especially after what Burrow & Lawrence has done with dysfunctional organizations at their times.
Yes. I also don't have an issue with anyone critiquing the players who refuses to play for the team who drafted him. Said the same thing during the Eli Manning draft.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
On the record. I dont want caleb... he brings back itches of ryan leaf to me.

However,... the NFL needs to put a stop to players trying to manipulate where they go...I would really appreciate a rule that any public statements regarding refusing to play for any specific team automatically bans said player from the first round.
if they have the strength of their convictions they wont mind taking a second round slotted salary instead of a first round slotted salary.
You’re nicer than me. Id make them wait for the next draft.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Tribal wars. Is Steve Keim feeding Colin Cowherd nuggets about Bidwill? First time I've heard Cowherd talk about bad ownership in Arizona.
Keim was a big part of the problem as well. Always ironic when toxic people point the finger.

In no way am I defending Bidwill though. He's still the root cause.

FlMike1969

Reaction score
Maybe we should be looking at Shadeur Sanders anyway...
I have never been a fan of the flashy guys. Hard working, under the radar guys appealed more. However, with the success we are seeing as of late with sons of former players in professional sports not just succeeding, but excelling. I say bring Sanders on. Coach prime is doing something special in Colorado and he is leading with a chip on his shoulder. He is cutting his son no breaks and teaching him to be a warrior. I like the stats and fire within. Will be interesting how he handles adversity this season. Thinking I would rather see him than Williams all day long. Best thing the Cards can do with Murray is trade him. He is too small, too arrogant, and just not a natural leader.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Imagine Caleb returning to college, getting outplayed by someone else or suffering a serious injury and then losing the #1 pick. Plus, Caleb would want that clock to his second contract to start ASAP.

In short, it would be stupid of him to go back to USC.