Caleb Williams interview on Kliff and the Cardinals.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Looks like any hope of Caleb Williams coming here is very slim.
Assuming he is that good and is ticketed to be a franchise level pro...then he will end up being drafted by some team that is nose deep in the swill of the league and NOT a great organization. At least the Cardinals pretty much hit control/alt/delete and are trying to get out of the deep yoghurt.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Vegas & Tampa.

McVay is too good to lead a team to the #1 overall pick.
Basically, if AZ ends up with the top 2 picks...say they draft MHJ at #1, just to piss off Williams....Who would they trade #2 to, that would be just as bad of a situation as Williams thinks AZ is?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Basically, if AZ ends up with the top 2 picks...say they draft MHJ at #1, just to piss off Williams....Who would they trade #2 to, that would be just as bad of a situation as Williams thinks AZ is?
I think we would end up drafting Maye then MHJ.

I think Caleb going back would hurt teams like Vegas & Tampa.

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
I mean, there's some crazy QB talent this class. Trade back a few spots and take a effing haul to load up. AND we could just roll with Murray - but we really need to build things around him. MHJ is the true prize. Plus maybe that 2-way player in Colorado (?).

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
I mean, there's some crazy QB talent this class. Trade back a few spots and take a effing haul to load up. AND we could just roll with Murray - but we really need to build things around him. MHJ is the true prize. Plus maybe that 2-way player in Colorado (?).
He's a true sophomore. Cards can get him at #1 in 2025.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So basically he is afraid he can't elevate a team with his talent.
Also, he is saying that the system that Kyler went into hurt him, that same system his son is currently in with KK as OC. Something doesn't add up. Plus, aside from last season, did Kyler really struggle?

I’ve talked to Archie Manning — his career was shot because he went to a horrible organization. I’ve talked to [USC head coach Lincoln Riley], and Kyler struggled because of where he was drafted. Baker [Mayfield] struggled mightily because of where he was drafted. The organizations matter.

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Also, he is saying that the system that Kyler went into hurt him, that same system his son is currently in with KK as OC. Something doesn't add up. Plus, aside from last season, did Kyler really struggle?

Yeah I don't buy it either. To the second quote of your post, Kyler struggled BECAUSE of the team he went to? They brought in a HC and built that offense around him. They literally tried to duplicate a college ball offense and we all know how that worked out.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I can only interpret it as a dig at Michael or an attempt to get him to his desired location.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard