Caleb Williams interview on Kliff and the Cardinals.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kliff visited the Chiefs for a few practices to learn how they utilize Mahomes.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I'm sure Andy Reid and the Chiefs would have welcomed him with open arms. I mean, how teams win the SuperBowl should be open source, right? ;)
Yes, because between joint practice opportunities, coaching network events, owners meeting opportunities, no information from one peer to another can ever be gleaned.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wonder how PHNX got that interview. If he was disgusted by the thought of the Cardinals, you'd think he would have avoided it.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I wonder how PHNX got that interview. If he was disgusted by the thought of the Cardinals, you'd think he would have avoided it.
Good PR agreement between Kliff and Caleb? It's very plausible that Kliff will be back in the NFL in the next year or 2, in some capacity.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Good PR agreement between Kliff and Caleb? It's very plausible that Kliff will be back in the NFL in the next year or 2, in some capacity.
Why he is the big fish in a smaller sea ?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, he was somehow named HC of my favorite football team when he’s been a career loser and was fired by his alma mater.
USC is your favorite team, not Ohio State? I would have never known.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not sure if I see the team drafting another QB that possibly has “entitlement/arrogant” concerns. Caleb is painting somewhat similar by the college media when it comes to that. Also from Lincoln Riley again & is on the shorter side like Kyler(albeit taller)?

Could very well see Maye being the #1 pick if we earn it.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No, he was somehow named HC of my favorite football team when he’s been a career loser and was fired by his alma mater.
I have to say he did better than I expected. As a Cardinals fan you've certainly endured worse than Kliff.

Over the last 50 years the Cardinals have had 13 headcoaches (only counting those that coached a full season). Kliff's win percentage puts him as the Cardinals 5th best coach in that time frame.

Bruce Arians .619
Don Coryell .609
Ken Wisenhunt .469
Jim Hanifan .443
Kliff Kingsbury .432

Not bad for a college loser in one of the toughest jobs to win at in the NFL. Especially considering how hard Keim whiffed in the draft during the Kliff era (and a for a couple years before 17 and 18 were horrendous drafts). Keim let a red hot Reddick walk and then paid a similar amount Reddick took from the Panthers for a washed AJ Green.

Kliff certainly has major flaws as a headcoach and needed to be let go, but he gave a good effort before melting down in year 4. I am excited to see what Gannon's staff has to offer.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have to say he did better than I expected. As a Cardinals fan you've certainly endured worse than Kliff.

Over the last 50 years the Cardinals have had 13 headcoaches (only counting those that coached a full season). Kliff's win percentage puts him as the Cardinals 5th best coach in that time frame.

Bruce Arians .619
Don Coryell .609
Ken Wisenhunt .469
Jim Hanifan .443
Kliff Kingsbury .432

Not bad for a college loser in one of the toughest jobs to win at in the NFL. Especially considering how hard Keim whiffed in the draft during the Kliff era (and a for a couple years before 17 and 18 were horrendous drafts). Keim let a red hot Reddick walk and then paid a similar amount Reddick took from the Panthers for a washed AJ Green.

Kliff certainly has major flaws as a headcoach and needed to be let go, but he gave a good effort before melting down in year 4. I am excited to see what Gannon's staff has to offer.
If Kliff didn’t have Kyler, his win % would be significantly lower. Go watch Quarterback on Netflix. Mahomes says it a million times that the Chiefs are constantly making adjustments to their adjustments because teams figure them out, especially the teams in the AFC West. Once the NFL figured out Kingsbury, the Cardinals made zero adjustments.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Kliff didn’t have Kyler, his win % would be significantly lower. Go watch Quarterback on Netflix. Mahomes says it a million times that the Chiefs are constantly making adjustments to their adjustments because teams figure them out, especially the teams in the AFC West. Once the NFL figured out Kingsbury, the Cardinals made zero adjustments.
This is the main point

KK and staff didn't make adjustments and other team coordinators figured the schemes out and nothing was done about it

How many times did we run the same plays over and over

We could watch the games and call the play

DC's especially were eating us up

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Looks like any hope of Caleb Williams coming here is very slim.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
So he is saying that his son's current offensive Coordinator was a horrible coach for Kyler.

Then why didn't he transfer from USC?
You and Tim Ring are on the same page!

Regardless of whether it's posturing or not, the odds of Caleb being cool with being a Card seem vanishingly small.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You and Tim Ring are on the same page!

Regardless of whether it's posturing or not, the odds of Caleb being cool with being a Card seem vanishingly small.
It was a too obvious connection not to make.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I read it as him saying the Cards are a horrible organization. Reality is the worst record gets the 1st pick. Granted, it could be traded for a boatload.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyle Odegard beat me to this point:

The QB money is so huge now (unlike it was for Peyton or even Elway) that getting to your next contract is the game changer.

Sure you can stay in school for another year of NIL at $3M, but it delays that $50 million/year next contract by a year. Lot of money to leave on the table

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison