Buying Eno hype???

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked his potential when they took him. Lots of significant traits. Deficiencies looked coachable. I thought he played well in the little opportunities he was given last season. I’m not ready to stamp him a star but I expect him to make a solid contribution.
+1

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was saying last preseason he looked like he had the freshest legs. He barely saw the field so I don't know why that wouldn't still be the case. Then you add Ingram. They're gonna have some tough decisions to make with that room.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OTA hype it rather pointless, I get it & agree, but I can’t but to think if there were concerns coming out of OTAs, the sentiment would not be the same.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It would be nice to take someone from the late rounds, coach up their deficiencies and make them a solid starter that plays for us multiple years. When was the last time that happened?

Andre Ellington wasn't it, if anything he was the reverse. Had his best year as a rookie then went down hill.

Steve Breaston? Antonio Smith?

It's such a rarity here for anyone round 5 or later to contribute unless we got lucky day 1, and even that's rare. You could probably fit them all in a mid sized saloon.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The slobbering over ex-Sun Devils is always amusing.

It is far more likely that he gets cut during preseason than that he makes any meaningful contribution to this team.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

It is far more likely that he gets cut during preseason than that he makes any meaningful contribution to this team.
Yeah, well, it's far more likely that you get cut during preseason than make any meaningful contribution to this team!

...Go Devils. :sparky:

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score

Sorry, my only AZ connection is Pro Football. I have no college connection anywhere near the West. I there’s zero chance he’s cut. I think he’s got a good chance to get the second most carries from the RB corp. He has more potential to break a long run than anyone else in the group. I’m not excited by Ingram (dancer), but Williams figures to get some game action to see how he compliments the others.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Sorry, my only AZ connection is Pro Football. I have no college connection anywhere near the West. I there’s zero chance he’s cut. I think he’s got a good chance to get the second most carries from the RB corp. He has more potential to break a long run than anyone else in the group. I’m not excited by Ingram (dancer), but Williams figures to get some game action to see how he compliments the others.
To be fair, the guys on Cards Underground also asserted that they might be/are probably trying to pump up Benjamin's trade value. Jonathan Ward was ahead of Benjamin on the depth chart all year last year; Benjamin likely will have to vault both Ward and Williams to get the reps you project.

Anything's possible, but the smoke signals from inside Hardy Drive suggest a less sanguine view.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Everything is hype. The only thing that matters is production. I get the feeling that scoping out player success (or lack thereof) involves more luck than prediction skills. I look forward to being surprised by what happens at TC.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
To be fair, the guys on Cards Underground also asserted that they might be/are probably trying to pump up Benjamin's trade value. Jonathan Ward was ahead of Benjamin on the depth chart all year last year; Benjamin likely will have to vault both Ward and Williams to get the reps you project.

Anything's possible, but the smoke signals from inside Hardy Drive suggest a less sanguine view.

We've seen it enough times to know how this works. But dam that is some next level smoke signaling getting your LG in on the ruse.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Hardy Drive quite literally said Eno is challenging for RB2...

but some failed sports jockeys said different on their podcast....

so somehow.... Hardy Drive is "actually: sending less optimistic :smoke signals"....and are hoping to trade the guy..

some people go from a to b to c...

then there are those who go from a to b to wtf

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score

My experience is that it’s hard to see the light when you’re underground.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hardy Drive quite literally said Eno is challenging for RB2...

but some failed sports jockeys said different on their podcast....

so somehow.... Hardy Drive is "actually: sending less optimistic :smoke signals"....and are hoping to trade the guy..

some people go from a to b to c...

then there are those who go from a to b to wtf
Eno isn’t beating Darrel Williams out for RB2, sorry

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Not exactly a glowing endorsement. "Evolving" and "staying out of the doghouse" are not descriptions of someone ready to breakout/dominate.

Sounds like a good dude that people are rooting for to succeed.

You must be registered for see images attach

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m actually looking forward to our run game this year. I think we have a deep stable & think that the rookie out of USC will contribute. Our offense fired on all cylinders when we had 2 healthy RB’s. Having 4 ready to contribute could make this offense one of the best.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Team likes him, roots for him! That’s good, he had that at ASU, could energize the team, so yea I got my hope up.

still back to protection, cause we are a pass happy offense allergic to the run most the time. Except when we actually win.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m actually looking forward to our run game this year. I think we have a deep stable & think that the rookie out of USC will contribute. Our offense fired on all cylinders when we had 2 healthy RB’s. Having 4 ready to contribute could make this offense one of the best.
Solid thoughts

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My opinion on Eno hasn't changed since the Cardinals drafted him. Depth at running back is a good thing.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not even the first preseason game. Remember how "awesome" Isabella was at this time last year? I'll wait on the hype.

Yeah, it's just something to talk about. It will have to be proven later.

It's still better to hear good things than bad things.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
still back to protection, cause we are a pass happy offense allergic to the run most the time. Except when we actually win.
Pass protection is a big requirement on this team and without being able to do it well I can't see any RB making it work on the Cardinals.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose