Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think DeRozan is that gettable piece.

Make him our Ginobli off the bench.

We run everyone out of the league.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Felt like a playoff game in there tonight. I think the bench had more fun than the fans, I find myself watching them more that the guys on the court.
My best takeaway besides the obvious is that Monte had the foresight to get DA back in the game at the first sign of a Chicago run.
I wouldn't have bet on that tbh.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think DeRozan is that gettable piece.

Make him our Ginobli off the bench.

We run everyone out of the league.

Crowder, Dario and Shamet get it done money wise

Derozan has two years left. After next year he’s a free agent so if you want you could unload him and Paul to free up a ton of money.

Suns get:
Derozan

Bulls get:
Crowder
Dario
2 1st
2 swaps

Now hear me out. What if we ran Paul and Derozan off the bench? Who stops that team. I always hear guys say it’s not who starts it’s who finishes that matters

Down the stretch in the 4th
Paul
Booker
Derozan
Cam/Bridges
Ayton

That’s a hell of a 4th quarter death line up

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can you believe the record at home in that arena is only 54? Book could have eclipsed that easily last night.
I have a hunch they would have let him do that if it was on the team radar during the game.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Can you believe the record at home in that arena is only 54? Book could have eclipsed that easily last night.

Pretty crazy. I remember that game when Gilbert Arenas scored 54 and the Wizards snapped some long Suns winning streak.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought a stretch 4 is the piece moving forward, but I'm more convinced it'll likely be a wing that can create offense.
This is what we are hearing from Gambo. They are looking for a wing. Oubre might be available, but DeRozen would be so much better.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
This is what we are hearing from Gambo. They are looking for a wing. Oubre might be available, but DeRozen would be so much better.
I'm sure Kuz will come up. The usual island of misfit toys. I can't imagine Oubre being much of an upgrade on what we already have.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure Kuz will come up. The usual island of misfit toys. I can't imagine Oubre being much of an upgrade on what we already have.
Hell no to Oubre. DeRozan is the all in, Mark Aguirre/Rasheed Wallace move this team needs to win a chip. Kuzma would be on okay consolation prize but if that’s the only addition, Ayton is going to have to keep playing at a 20/10 clip and Cam Johnson is going to have to come all the way back from injury.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hell no to Oubre. DeRozan is the all in, Mark Aguirre/Rasheed Wallace move this team needs to win a chip. Kuzma would be on okay consolation prize but if that’s the only addition, Ayton is going to have to keep playing at a 20/10 clip and Cam Johnson is going to have to come all the way back from injury.

I'm not sure about DeRozan. He's an awful 3 point shooter and not at all a spot up shooter. He's a good individual scorer but I don't see him helping us at all unless he's willing to only play 20-25 minutes a game off the bench.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The funny thing about this game is Bridges and Payne were both terrible, especially Payne.

Booker and Ayton were both going off and Payne on multiple possessions didn't let either touch the ball.

The fact that Ayton and Booker can cover for two starters going 6 of 23 is really special

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Crowder, Dario and Shamet get it done money wise

Derozan has two years left. After next year he’s a free agent so if you want you could unload him and Paul to free up a ton of money.

Suns get:
Derozan

Bulls get:
Crowder
Dario
2 1st
2 swaps

Now hear me out. What if we ran Paul and Derozan off the bench? Who stops that team. I always hear guys say it’s not who starts it’s who finishes that matters

Down the stretch in the 4th
Paul
Booker
Derozan
Cam/Bridges
Ayton

That’s a hell of a 4th quarter death line up
Yeah it is. I ain’t even mad at your Paul off the bench with derozan idea, though I doubt Paul bites.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm not sure about DeRozan. He's an awful 3 point shooter and not at all a spot up shooter. He's a good individual scorer but I don't see him helping us at all unless he's willing to only play 20-25 minutes a game off the bench.
An individual scorer is exactly what this team needs on its second line. Even last night there were times where the offense was totally stagnant and if book wasn’t in the game we struggled to even get a shot. Derozan would eliminate that.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Yeah it is. I ain’t even mad at your Paul off the bench with derozan idea, though I doubt Paul bites.
Honestly, I think it would be better with Payne playing next to him off the bench. Derozan doesn't really need Paul's playmaking to score and isn't necessarily a great catch and shoot player either.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If we trade for DeRozan it probably means Point Book when CP is either resting or hurt. DeRozan is a far better distributor/ball-handler than Bridges/Johnson. Having another guy that can takeover offensively when things break down gives us lots of options. Plus Cam Johnson is just one of those players that’s always gonna be banged up. I’m not counting on guaranteed production from him come playoff time.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we trade for DeRozan it probably means Point Book when CP is either resting or hurt. DeRozan is a far better distributor/ball-handler than Bridges/Johnson. Having another guy that can takeover offensively when things break down gives us lots of options. Plus Cam Johnson is just one of those players that’s always gonna be banged up. I’m not counting on guaranteed production from him come playoff time.
agreed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr