Bucks @ Suns Tuesday Finals game thread 7-6-2021 - Game 1

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
To be fair Crowder had his work cut out for him on D tonight. I think Monte told him to guard Giannis on both sides of the floor lol.
He's a lil bit smaller than the guys he has to guard ( just 50lbs and a solid foot shorter). He did well just wasn't making his shot.
Who else could do better on that bench? Frank?
I agree it was frustrating at times but I know we are better with him out there than not.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That's better than the "watch the game bro" stuff.

His play was utterly frustrating to watch tonight despite admittedly decent defense

It is hard to credit decent defense to a guy who multiple times just didn't box out.

If Ayton had this game he would be excoriated
There are different expectations - as is appropriate - for Ayton (6’11, athletically superior #1 pick) than for crowder (high tier role player). Kind of a silly argument.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are different expectations - as is appropriate - for Ayton (6’11, athletically superior #1 pick) than for crowder (high tier role player). Kind of a silly argument.

Apparently not since I am not excusing a bad game by Crowder

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Again the not watching the game stuff...

It just makes the whole discussion pointless
As does your general denial of the job crowder did at one end of the court. There are two ends. They both count. Crowder was awful shooting. It happens to him. Thankfully it didn’t hurt us tonight. Hopefully next game his shot returns.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As does your general denial of the job crowder did at one end of the court. There are two ends. They both count. Crowder was awful shooting. It happens to him. Thankfully it didn’t hurt us tonight. Hopefully next game his shot returns.

I have said he had a decent defensive game, didn't score, had bad turnovers, and didn't box out well enough despite 33 minutes of play.

So decent defense is admittedly objective

I will say he played great defense and discount the rebounding. Everything after that is straight fact

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait, who had the MOST turnovers and shot 38% and 1-8 from 3? That looks like a pretty bad game . . .

Ah I don't just look at one aspect of the game to say who had a good or bad game.

But Yessir if I was only looking at a small part of a game, that's a TERRIBLE game.

Thank you

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I have said he had a decent defensive game, didn't score, had bad turnovers, and didn't box out well enough despite 33 minutes of play.

So decent defense is admittedly objective

I will say he played great defense and discount the rebounding. Everything after that is straight fact
2 TOs tends not to be a killer. 9 boards against bigger opposition is what we need on the boards. And he played really good defense, not just “decent.” He contributed to the win. Did he lead it? Not by a country mile. But defense from your role players wins championships.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What other number besides assist to turnover ratio would you like me to pick?
By your argument: If we had a single TO as a team and he had it you’d argue it was terribke bc he had all our TOs (even though it really obviously wouldn’t impact any normal game). It’s just an ineffective method of argumentation.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again I can say he had a great defensive game despite not boxing out 4 times, which is totally part of defense but yes it's not now.

Hopefully I can watch his next amazing game

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Again I can say he had a great defensive game despite not boxing out 4 times, which is totally part of defense but yes it's not now.

Hopefully I can watch his next amazing game
Lol. Okay Chris. Try to enjoy this horrid performance.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh my lord... will you guys agree to disagree already and move on!

I might have moved on if I wasn't admittedly super p issed off after 10 years of suffering it was stated I didn't watch the finals.

You can disagree but don't pretend you care more than I do

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great win. Despite some defensive lapses leading to easy buckets the team played the passing lanes great. Crowder and his toughness was huge. Guarding Giannis is next to impossible. Ayton was a beast and our guard play continues to dominate. CP3 is possessed.

Game 2 is critical to hold court and massive amount of pressure will be on the Bucks at home if they go down 0-2.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
One guy had a rough game. Everyone else was nails. It was a huge win. Next game Crowder will be fine. Maybe someone else will have a tough time and his team will pick him up.

That game was awesome.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Bucks can't match our output when our 3 stars are on. They have Middleton and Giannis to counter with and that's not enough. I know they have Holiday but he's not a star. He's a great defender but he's not a very good PG, which is why the Pelicans sucked more often than not while he was there. When they did win, he was playing SG.